Octane Sketchup Exporter - Full 1022-12

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter - Full 1022-12
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter - Full 1022-12

Postby TIG » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:31 pm

TIG Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:31 pm
Manos

The units you use in the SKP are not important - it all gets auto-converted to 'm' anyway during the Export.

When you make the export I recommend you initially export camera, resolution and light setting for your first attempt - then you can see what is made in the OCS - later adjust the output to you needs...

Run the Exporter with the Ruby Console open to see error messages if any.

Note that at the moment 'special-characters' in file path names [accented letters etc] can cause glitches with Ruby, so avoid these too...

If you continue to get problems then please post any error messages from the Console, and a screen-shot of the Exporter dialog settings that appear to give the error[s]...

Let me know how you get on whatever happens...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby manos » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:19 am

manos Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:19 am
Hi, again nothing seems to work properly.I click on render frame and i get this error message that i allways get. (but when i click ok octane works fine).I still can't see my 3d model in octane though. I've exported the same scene usining the sketchup's exporter and with a little paning and rotation i can see my model just fine. Like i said before it seams like a unit problem cause im also expiriensing problems of very slow rendering times and not very good final resaults.(path traising is very very slow and i mean for a small room scene 1680x1050 at 9000 samples,it takes like 1:30h (i was using untill now the sketchup's exporter for my projects). I have only one GPU gtx 480.
Thanks for your time.
Attachments
error.jpg
CPU: INTEL i7 3.40 GHz/RAM: 8 GB/GPU: 2XGTX690/OS: WIN 7 64 BIT/SKETCHUP 2014/OCTANE for SU
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:41 pm

TIG Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:41 pm
manos wrote:Hi, again nothing seems to work properly.I click on render frame and i get this error message that i allways get. (but when i click ok octane works fine).I still can't see my 3d model in octane though. I've exported the same scene usining the sketchup's exporter and with a little paning and rotation i can see my model just fine. Like i said before it seams like a unit problem cause im also expiriensing problems of very slow rendering times and not very good final resaults.(path traising is very very slow and i mean for a small room scene 1680x1050 at 9000 samples,it takes like 1:30h (i was using untill now the sketchup's exporter for my projects). I have only one GPU gtx 480.
Thanks for your time.

The Octane problem needs raising with Refractive SW direct - I can't see what version you have as you have put Octane.exe in a strange path [what's up with Program Files where most things are put?]
The Exporter is written for v2.2b [and works fine with that] - I know some users with the 'unofficial version' of 2.3b have report camera export oddities...
It is NOT the SKP's units - the Exporter always uses the 'meter' as its units - Octane defaults to this [no matter what the SKP units might be!].
Have you reset Octanes units ??? This might mess with it...
The Octane units under its option/settings should always be set to 'meter'.
The render times are determined by the image size and complexity.
Try a 75% resolution - it'll render quick and you can always change it when you are happy with the materials, lighting etc...
Do not select any GPU tick-boxes - let Octane decide.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby The3dBOX » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:23 pm

The3dBOX Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:23 pm
TIG are you going to update the exporter for 2.3?
Are you part of octanes development team for this plugin?
The3dBOX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:52 pm

TIG Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:52 pm
The3dBOX wrote:TIG are you going to update the exporter for 2.3?
Are you part of octanes development team for this plugin?

It will be updated to 2.3.
It will probably be done by me.
I wait for a 'it's now stable' confirmation... and a heads up on the main changes it brings that I'd need to accommodate before committing too much effort to it...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby The3dBOX » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:28 pm

The3dBOX Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:28 pm
Ok, its just that I tried to go back to 1022-2.2 from 2.3 and I was told not to by the development team, so I'm kinda stuck in limbo here.
Keep us posted!
The3dBOX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to SketchUp