NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]

Forums: NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]

Postby AdryanStrife » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:50 pm

AdryanStrife Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:50 pm
After trying different times with the "stable" version dowloaded from the official page, yesterday I found in the forum and installed the version https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=76545 , and magically it started working, and which is best, it also started working the add-on of Blender. For the first time everything works, I can't explain why but it does.
AdryanStrife

Postby luozhengan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:42 am

luozhengan Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:42 am
Octane X Does support AMD Radeon PRO 580?
luozhengan

Postby Jedi_blade » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:48 am

Jedi_blade Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:48 am
Weezer wrote:Well it’s the Christmas holidays and the middle of a pandemic, so I’m not expecting miracles at the moment. Give it time.

Oh I get it, but it says stable so I am confused if it is specifically and issue we are having or this is just part of this build.
Mac Pro (2019)
3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
Two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB
After Burner
Jedi_blade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Re:

Postby Jedi_blade » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:52 am

Jedi_blade Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:52 am
robbeedee wrote:
Pixege wrote:And I will ask again about these free licenses for those who bought a Mac in 2019 and 2020.
I am still holding back on buying an annual subscription because it was promised a year and a half ago.
Any dates known?

One year free trial of OctaneX. However, I cannot get it to work.

https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/demo/

I think that is the trial to Octane X. It was going to be a year of the commercial version. If it is the year sub for Mac owners it would defeat the purpose, one GPU would make owning a powerful Mac Pro Kinds of redundant.
Mac Pro (2019)
96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
After Burner
Jedi_blade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Weezer » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:07 pm

Weezer Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:07 pm
Jedi_blade wrote:
Weezer wrote:Well it’s the Christmas holidays and the middle of a pandemic, so I’m not expecting miracles at the moment. Give it time.

Oh I get it, but it says stable so I am confused if it is specifically and issue we are having or this is just part of this build.

You could argue the plugin is stable – but there seems to be an issue with denoising in various builds. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted next week when we're all back to normal (or as normal as it gets these days).
Weezer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby CookItOff » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:12 am

CookItOff Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:12 am
I have a Studio license and I can't get the Octane Server with combined with the Octane Blender app to start/run on my M1 Mac Mini. The server will download and act like it installs but once I click on the server icon after moving it to the applications folder, nothing happens. The Octane Blender App instals and loads fine minus the server not connecting, obviously since the server app never starts.
I have checked the Activity Monitor and the Server App never shows up.

The Standalone version works fine.

Thanks,
Tim
CookItOff

Postby wafflelad » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm

wafflelad Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm
I'm getting consistent crashes on my 2019 Macbook Pro with 5500M and Intel 630 when I have the Intel integrated GPU active. It happens on both C4D and Standalone. I don't need to use that GPU at all, but figured I should report the crashes. I've attached the Octane log file.

Joey
Attachments
octane PR7 210103 113354.log
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
wafflelad
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby joecurrie » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:28 pm

joecurrie Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:28 pm
Any update on when Octane X Prime will be released on Mac App Store? I see the plugins for Prime have been released on Otoy website. Is there a reason you can't release the standalone as well?

Edit - Octane X Prime PR7 seems to work fine in Cinema 4D without the prime standalone installed? Not fully tested but basic scenes seem to be running without problems, nice! (Mac OS 11.1, AMD RX 5700 XT)
Mac OS X 10.11.4 - Cinema 4D R17 | Geforce GTX980 + 980ti | 32GB
joecurrie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cgdoc » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm

cgdoc Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm
I'm getting consistent crashes on my 2019 Macbook Pro with 5500M and Intel 630 when I have the Intel integrated GPU active. It happens on both C4D and Standalone. I don't need to use that GPU at all, but figured I should report the crashes. I've attached the Octane log file.

Joey

same here. The Intel integrated GPU should not be checked in the settings by default. It took me a while until I realized that this was causing crashes and a massive slow down of C4D.

Georg
cgdoc
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jedi_blade » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Jedi_blade Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:51 pm
Weezer wrote:
Jedi_blade wrote:

You could argue the plugin is stable – but there seems to be an issue with denoising in various builds. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted next week when we're all back to normal (or as normal as it gets these days).

Oh, I would not argue that I have a lot of random crashes that should not happen. Sometimes I will add a node and it will crash, and I will reload add the same node and it is fine. If that is normal then my view on stability is much different.
Mac Pro (2019)
96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
After Burner
Jedi_blade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery