OctaneRender 2020 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2020 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender 2020 for Modo [TEST and STABLE]

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:54 pm

face_off Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:54 pm
roy_orengo wrote:Hi Paul,
I don't need new builds but the last I can use with Nvidia and high sierra. I formatted the HD and need to reinstall the last build, thanks, Roy
Enterprise, Studio or Regular please?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby roy_orengo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:10 am

roy_orengo Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:10 am
Studio subscription, thanks Paul.
Roy
Attachments
Octane license.jpeg
roy_orengo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 pm

face_off Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 pm
roy_orengo wrote:Studio subscription, thanks Paul.
Roy
Hi Roy - I think this was the last macOS Sierra version that I released.

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/c4/63/08/02/OctaneRender_for_Modo_2019_1_1_153_MacOSX_STUDIO.mpkg.zip

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby roy_orengo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:05 pm

roy_orengo Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:05 pm
Hi Paul,
thanks for the link.
Could I Have please this one too?
Thanks,
regards,
Roy
Attachments
Octane for Modo.png
roy_orengo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 pm

face_off Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 pm
Hi Paul,
thanks for the link.
Could I Have please this one too?
Thanks,
regards,
Roy
Hi Roy - that was a Windows-only release, and I should have suppressed that popup from the macOS version of the plugin.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby roy_orengo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:42 am

roy_orengo Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:42 am
Hi Paul,
but I remember I was using the 2020xxxx on Mac before reinstalling my Mac and before Octane X was out. Maybe it was another one release u did?
Roy
roy_orengo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 am

face_off Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 am
roy_orengo wrote:Hi Paul,
but I remember I was using the 2020xxxx on Mac before reinstalling my Mac and before Octane X was out. Maybe it was another one release u did?
Roy
I cannot recall doing a macOS build with Octane 2020, nor can I find an installer for it. I would recommend getting onto OctaneX, since that is the latest Modo plugin build.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby roy_orengo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:08 pm

roy_orengo Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:08 pm
Hi Paul,
I can understand your position but I think You (and OTOY), You could understand the position of the users too.
I'm in the same situation of Francois and other people. Updating to Octane X it will be the future, but to do this we need to change heavily ours Hardwares, so it is not so easy to do. Last year I bought some Nvidia cards talking for weeks with Beppe Gullotta to find the right solution and use Octane on Mac because until last year Nvidia it was the only solution. I've invested my time and my moneys on my hardware and to configurating it. Now I should need to change almost everything. I 'm happy you had the possibility to make the upgrade to Catalina and AMD, but We need some time to make this transition.
Roy
roy_orengo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 am

face_off Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 am
I'm in the same situation of Francois and other people. Updating to Octane X it will be the future, but to do this we need to change heavily ours Hardwares, so it is not so easy to do. Last year I bought some Nvidia cards talking for weeks with Beppe Gullotta to find the right solution and use Octane on Mac because until last year Nvidia it was the only solution. I've invested my time and my moneys on my hardware and to configurating it. Now I should need to change almost everything. I 'm happy you had the possibility to make the upgrade to Catalina and AMD, but We need some time to make this transition.
I understand your predicament Roy, a share the challenges you are having. Unfortunately my build environment and the codebase has been upgraded to do OctaneX builds, so I cannot build the older Cuda versions for macOS.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby francois » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:52 am

francois Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:52 am
face_off wrote:
I understand your predicament Roy, a share the challenges you are having. Unfortunately my build environment and the codebase has been upgraded to do OctaneX builds, so I cannot build the older Cuda versions for macOS.

Paul

sorry Paul but i cant accept this response .
I looked in the "download" section of the otoy site, and I noticed that all the other software that runs on Mac Os are available in version 2020 on both environments (Cuda and Metal)
houdini, C4D, blender, lightwave ...even the standalone
Modo is the only software whose kit is not available on these two platforms in version 2020
It's very annoying for my work because I work on projects shared with windows users who have installed the 2020 kit for Modo and now I can no longer work with them.
I'am in the same situation of Roy I also invested my time and money last year in Nvidia cards and I can't invest in new hardware now
Otoy should provide you with an "old" mac so you can build the plug'in for high sierra and everything will be back to normal.
Ask them please
francois
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo