Hi Tig, No render problem

Forums: Hi Tig, No render problem
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: Hi Tig, No render problem

Postby TIG » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 pm

TIG Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 pm
Scoob

Thanks for the info...

The error relates to the file_name and it containing non-standard characters ?

As you haven't reset the dialog size I can't see the whole path BUT I suspect that there are characters other than the standards ASCII set in them,
The limitation of Ruby is that it can fail if file names / paths contain out-of-range characters...
Can you retry ensuring that the path is named 'standardly' - that can be most normal characters off the keyboard that are not disallowed otherwise like : \ or / etc - perhaps you have an unusual ' hanging around something like in the 'A' ?

Could you perhaps copy + paste the exact project-path here ? Exactly as it is on your PC ...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 am

Scooby3 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 am
Hi Tig

No dice im afraid

Have saved model onto desktop as follows:

C:\Users\Paul Scaife\Desktop\Test Mollington\

You were right the original path name had 'A' in the folder location on our server.

Latest screen grab attached showing exporter, ruby console (still has error) and project path in explorer.

Regards Scoob
Attachments
Screen Grab.jpg
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:11 am

TIG Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:11 am
Scoob

I think that was a red-herring... :roll:

The error is occurring because it's trying to find an extension of an image-file ['fileExtname'] when it's exporting a texture.
The crash with the 'out of range thing' is because it's not finding a file-path for the texture image that has an extension on it ??
I can trap for this... BUT if a material has a texture then that texture's original image file-name is always either represented by a full-path or a file-name - with type suffix... There should never be a texture without a file-path/name associated with it...
See this example
Capture.PNG

You said you had a texture image that didn't appear in the folder -that looks like the one making the problem - edit that - and see if it has a file-name properly set - if so then it's weird.
If the file-name/path has accented-characters etc in it then that might cause a glitch - if so try editing the image, save_as without them and reusing that - retry...
You might check all textured materials image file-names if it keeps happening :?
I can probably allow for that in an update...
If 'not' then try editing the image and resetting it [you need to specify an image-editor app in your preferences beforehand [I use Gimp]] - TIP: the edited image is put into C:/Users/Scoob/AppData/Local/Temp/ - sort by date an it should appear near the top of the list as say 'Brick_Antique.jpg'
Incidentally have you used 'Model Info' > 'Fix Problems...'
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Scooby3 Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm
Thanks Tig

There might be some mileage in this. Only 9 from 19 textures exported into the export folder.

Would it be easier to try and re apply materials as sorting and re editing might take a while??

I have had to set my renders going in indigo as i need to get the renders output and post pro ready for a planning application tomorrow.

I have used fix and purge several times and also the purge ruby script that sorts materials and components.

Cheers Scoob
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm

TIG Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm
Scoob

I appreciate your deadline. When you have time can you check the textured materials image file-names for weirdness and report - you can zip the SKP and PM me the model with its materials in and I'll have a look, if it helps... :geek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 am

Scooby3 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 am
Hi Tig

When I tryu and attach the skp in zipped or uncompressed it fails. It uploads then when it completes upload the file box clears?

Cheers Scoob
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 am

TIG Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 am
Scoob

So I see from my PM box...
A SKP isn't an attachable file type, but ZIP is...
You should be able to compress the SKP into a ZIP file and upload that ?
How big is it ?
What error messages do you get ?
This is the SKP-from-Hell... :roll:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 am

Scooby3 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 am
Hi Tig

Not sure whats hapening when i try to PM you the .zip folder with the SKP in it (compressed to 10.8meg). I fill in the txt field, browse for and upload the .zip. When this is complete it clears the txt entry field and the file browse field????

Cheers Scoob
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:18 am

TIG Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:18 am
I'm not sure what the upload file size limit is here ?
Email it as a zipped attachment to me on tantrig_email-scoobATyahoo.co.uk
Note how I have used 'AT' instead of a @ to foil spam bots trying to glean it...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to SketchUp