Hi Tig, No render problem

Forums: Hi Tig, No render problem
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Hi Tig, No render problem

Postby Scooby3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Scooby3 Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:16 pm
Hi Tig, I have a problem with a model i am trying to render It is large (16meg) and is an updated site plan. I successfully rendred this project several weeks ago but now cant seem to get it to work. I run the script to export and it creates the obJ & texture files but no octane scripts in the target directory. Hence no octyane start up. i have tried resaving the model to the desktop (it was previously on a server) but no better. Not getting the octane cmd and start in the directory? Can you help as I have a project deadline Im struggling with.

Regards

Scoob
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Hi Tig, No render problem

Postby Scooby3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Scooby3 Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:22 pm
PS. This is my exporter setting for info. When I look in the target diretory on the desktop I have a 129,000kb obj file and a directory with the textures (although about 75% of the textures are not included) & the sketchup model.

Can you please help?

Cheers Scoob
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Scooby3 Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:39 pm
Interestingly, the building in the picture on its own (modeled separately then inserted into the site plan) renders fine. The problem seems to be the site and buildings together?

Puzzeled...

Scoob
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:29 pm

TIG Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:29 pm
Before we start... to stop your dialog needing scroll bars... with Sketchup closed Open the Strt > Run 'regedit' and find this key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\SketchUp8\WebDialog_Octane
and delete it.
When you next run the Exporter within Sketchup it should be resized correctly...

Now for the problem...
Your settings seem OK.
If only exports the Textures of Materials in use, so unused materials textures are not exported.
Plain 'color' Materials are defined in the MTL file with no matching image.
If you click 'Export OBJ/MTL Only' you will get what you describe - plus an MTL file.
To export a render use 'Render Frame'. It should then make the equivalent files as before and start Octane.
Is the binary-path correct - notice it's to v1.2.3 - this exporter is for v1.2.2 - but it 'might' work [untried] ?? :?
Last edited by TIG on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Scooby3 Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 pm
Hi tig. Thanks for comments. Away from pc until monday UK time. All renders seem to work fine apart from this one. I have tried exporting in indigo, thea and twilight render and no issues. All other octane renders from this set up work ok. Ill try again on monday.

Scoob
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 am

Scooby3 Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 am
Hi Tig

I have tried again this morning on this file but cannot create the octane render specific files (only mtl & obj files are created) when i Hit 'render frame'.

After the export nothing happens, I just shut down the export dialogue.

I have tried to deleted the site around the building and reset the binary to the 1.022 version. Not sure how this will effect the export though (as it's not creating th eoctane files?)

To be clear, i have made many renders with the exporter but this model seems to be causing problems. I attach a previouse render.

Could it be the model?

Help!

Scoob
Attachments
Side Entrance Post Processed.jpg
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 pm

TIG Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 pm
Have you tried Model Info > Purge Unused and the Fix Problems...
If you run the Exporter with the Ruby Console open are there any error messages ?
Can you manually make a blank OCS and then bring in the OBJ that was made ?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Scooby3 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:48 pm
Hi tig. Thanks for the help this far. I,ll try these things tomorrow first thing.

Cheers scoob.
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Scooby3 Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Yes....
If you run the Exporter with the Ruby Console open are there any error messages ?

Yes at the top of the console window. Out of range?, please see attached screen grab....

Yes, can get object in but no materials. All one colour. I noticed that in the texture output folder for the images, a brick texture that is used for the plinth course (red) is not there

Any more ideas? could you look at the model?

One other thing i have noticed, The exporter to Thea takes 28 seconds for this model, in octane it thinks about it for several mins. Is this something that can be improved upon/optimized as development continues?

Regards as ever Scoob
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Scooby3 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Scooby3 Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Yes....

Yes at the top of the console window. Out of range?, please see attached screen grab....

Yes, can get object in but no materials. All one colour. I noticed that in the texture output folder for the images, a brick texture that is used for the plinth course (red) is not there

Any more ideas? could you look at the model?

One other thing i have noticed, The exporter to Thea takes 28 seconds for this model, in octane it thinks about it for several mins. Is this something that can be improved upon/optimized as development continues?

Regards as ever Scoob
Attachments
Screen Grab.jpg
Scooby3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to SketchUp