Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?

Forums: Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?

Postby cocacola123 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:43 pm

cocacola123 Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:43 pm
Hello, I am a complete noob in unity and I need a little help! :)
I made a game in unity with some environments and objects and I would like it to be rendered in octane. I can see it rendered in PBR Render Target, and now I would like to build the project as an .exe file, so I can play it later.
The question is: Is it possible to have an .exe game rendered in octane? If so, do I just build it through File > Build Settings, or is there something else I should do?
If it's impossible to render .exe with octane, and there other renderers that can do it with a similar quality?

Another problem, when I try to build the project I get these 3 errors:

1. ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Editor ('Assets/Plugins/Octane/Editor.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:154)
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

2. Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

3. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95

These errors only appear when I try to build when Octane is loaded on the project.
Please use simple words since I am completely new to this. :) :?
Thank you for your time,
Rachel
cocacola123

Re: Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:41 am

ChrisHekman Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:41 am
Octane for unity does not function outside of the editor. So building it to an .exe is not possible.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Octane for Unity