OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1rc1-17.9 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1rc1-17.9 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1rc1-17.9 [OBSOLETE]

Postby JimStar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:59 am

JimStar Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:59 am
Forum rules:
NOTE: The software in this forum thread is not 100% reliable, this is a development build and is meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release.

!!! THIS IS THE BETA VERSION OF OctaneRender PLUGIN, IT IS RELEASED FOR INITIAL BUG HUNTING ONLY !!!
!!! PLEASE DON'T USE IT FOR PRODUCTION & DON'T SAVE THE SCENES FROM THIS BETA VERSION FOR FUTURE USE AS THERE ARE HIGH CHANCES TO LOSE THEM !!!
!!! SCENES SAVED IN THIS BETA VERSION ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK IN SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS !!!
!!! THE RENDER ENGINE IS YET TO BE STABLE, SOME CRASHES & BUGS ARE EXPECTED FOR THIS TEST VERSION OF THE PLUGIN !!!

Otoy® is proud to announce the availability of a new test version of OctaneRender™ for Maya®: OctaneRender™ 2020.1
The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased render engine that integrates completely into Autodesk® Maya®.

Maya® Version Requirements

This release will work with Maya® Versions 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 64-bit on Windows, Linux and OSX operating systems.

To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.

Changelog and the installers for Octane Standalone 2020.1 are here:
OctaneRender Standalone 2020.1 RC1

Changes since versions 17.8:

• Integrated the 2020.1 RC1 rendering engine.
  • Improved the daylight system map-picking functionality: back-calculation of the sun vector from given time and geo-position is implemented for the "sun direction" mode of the daylight environment.

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • "CUDA error 700" and other CUDA errors are expected to happen from time to time: these are the Octane engine's bugs. Should be fixed with later SDK/Standalone versions...
  • Due to some inconsistency on the rendering engine level the builtin-scriptgraph nodes are not going to be present in the plugin. At least at this stage.

=================================
Subscription Enterprise Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Windows]

OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Linux]

OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [MacOS]

Subscription Studio Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Windows]

OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Linux]

OctaneRender for Maya Studio [MacOS]
Last edited by JimStar on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1rc1-17.9 [BETA]

Postby thashisho » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:10 pm

thashisho Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:10 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the new version, that was really swift!!! However, although the installation went perfectly this time and there was no error on the maya 2020 directory like previous version, still when I launch maya 2020 and try to load the OctanePlugin, the following error pops up in maya log:

=======

// Error: file: /usr/autodesk/maya/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: Unable to dynamically load : /usr/autodesk/maya/bin/plug-ins/OctanePlugin.so

/usr/autodesk/maya/bin/plug-ins/OctanePlugin.so: undefined symbol: vfree //

// Error: file: /usr/autodesk/maya/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: /usr/autodesk/maya/bin/plug-ins/OctanePlugin.so: undefined symbol: vfree (OctanePlugin) //

=======

I am on Centos 7.6, my maya.env is empty, and I verified that all the files in the plugin have been installed in their perspective locations.

Can you please advise how to resolve this issue?

Thanks...
Tarek Hashisho
thashisho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 pm

JimStar Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 pm
Looks like another error introduced by PhoenixFD library... I will check it, thank you for the report.
Before the fix is found/released, you can use the current stable version, or test any beta version prior to where the PhoenixFD support was implemented (e.g. 17.5).
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby thashisho » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm

thashisho Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm
JimStar wrote:Looks like another error introduced by PhoenixFD library... I will check it, thank you for the report.
Before the fix is found/released, you can use the current stable version, or test any beta version prior to where the PhoenixFD support was implemented (e.g. 17.5).

Hello,

I don't have PhoenixFD installed or this is about support for PhoenixFD that is built in the Octane plugin for Maya?

Thanks...
Tarek Hashisho
thashisho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:11 pm

JimStar Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:11 pm
thashisho wrote:I don't have PhoenixFD installed or this is about support for PhoenixFD that is built in the Octane plugin for Maya?

Yes. The problem is that I tested it with PhoenixFD installed. This is normal for beta versions to have such issues after such a big and complex features get just implemented.
Just use the current stable version before I make a next beta release where this issue will be fixed. This will happen soon.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Releases