OctaneRender 2019.1 LightWave Production build 2019.1.5.1

Forums: OctaneRender 2019.1 LightWave Production build 2019.1.5.1
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: juanjgon

OctaneRender 2019.1 LightWave Production build 2019.1.5.1

Postby juanjgon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:08 am

juanjgon Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:08 am
Hi,

This is a stable release of the OctaneRender™ 2019.1 for LightWave™ plugin version 2019.1.5.1, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0, 2019.0/2019.1 and 2020.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 2019.1.5 core.

To use Octane 2019.1, you need to have a Studio or Enterprise subscription license. We recommend that you upgrade your NVIDIA driver to version 419.17 or newer.

New features
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2019.1, please check out the 2019.1 release post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:

• Improved volume AI Denoiser.
  • OSL and procedural vertex displacement and displacement mixer, including auto-bump shading.
  • OSL Shaders for volume textures.
  • Layered materials, including all the new material layers nodes.
  • Composite material node.
  • Universal material thin wall option.
  • New rounded edges, including the new round edges nodes replacing the old options available in the material nodes.
  • Bloom/glare threshold.
  • AI Up-sampler options in the imager node.
  • Increase maximum number of alpha intersections to 200. This fixes some scenes that have a huge amount of alpha maps.
  • Added the affect roughness option to kernel nodes "The percentage of roughness affecting subsequent layers' roughness"
  • Spectron volumetric spot lights.

Release 2019.1.5.1 Enterprise subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... rprise.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... rprise.zip

Release 2019.1.5.1 Studio subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... studio.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... studio.zip

Release 2019.1.5.1 Demo versionlicense
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... 4_demo.zip
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... X_demo.zip

Standalone 2019.1.5 version for the network rendering nodes
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=73490

Release Notes:
=============================================
RELEASE 2019.1.5.1

* PLUGIN FEATURES AND FIXES:

- Fixed a bug in the round edges node load/save functions.
- Fixed an issue in the IPR refresh while working with LW2015.3
- Added support for LightWave 2020.0

RELEASE 2019.1.5.0

- Added support for the volume materials updating when the update volumetrics option is enabled.
- Improved precision while computing the mesh volumes.

* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Improved rounded edges rendering (in accurate mode). The rounded edges node has now a new pin Samples which allows you to control the accuracy of the rounded edges.
- Fixed autobump which didn't work correctly for projection types other than mesh UV.
- Fixed missing updates in displacement mixer trees.
- Fixed incorrect access of pins during set up of displacement causing error message "Tried to access null node".
- Fixed microfacet BRDFs for metallic/universal materials with high roughness (regression from 2018.1).
- Fixed the default behavior of universal material when the roughness pin is not connected.
- Fixed dirt node not working with composite materials.
- Fixed too bright rendering of glossy surfaces behind specular surfaces with the direct lighting kernel in diffuse GI mode.
- Fixed fake shadow being switched off when albedo is > 0 in universal material.
- Fixed mix material being ignored when it is connected to a layered material.
- Fixed slightly incorrect sampling of importance sampled environments.
- Fixed various memory leaks in Octane and libraries used by it.
- Fixed access violation when changing render geometry and peer-to-peer memory (NVlink) is being used.

RELEASE 2019.1.4.0

- Fixed a crash while resizing the IPR window.
- Fixed a crash in the render target material override options.
- Fixed a crash while adding volumetric spotlights.
- Added support for UV mapped area lights for the Color and Float image types.
- Fixed the noisy thumbnails in the octane lights when there is no valid IES data.
- Added the envelope buttons for the hair width base and tip in the Octane Object Properties.

- Overhauled the auto-bump feature of vertex displacement, which fixes multiple issues that were reported. Now, auto-bump works with vector displacement maps as well and you can add an additional bump map on top of auto-bump.
- The overhauled auto-bump now supports all projection types and extra UV sets.
- Fixed direct lighting kernel looking different to v4 and 2018.1 when fake shadow is used + when a bunch of glossy materials with no diffuse and specular textures are used.
- Fixed volume rendering in legacy mode.
- Fixed a small memory leak when rendering is stopped.
- Fixed wrong handling of extra arguments in the OSL environment() function.
- Fixed minor bug in OSL compiler which breaks float val[2]; getattribute("camera:clip", val);.
- Improved auto-bump to preserve sharp edges of the geometry.
- Fixed crash when you try to render a displacement mixer with an unconnected displacement pin.
- Fixed toon rendering of bump/normal maps.
- Fixed problem that a mixed universal material with 1.0 mix factor renders differently to a universal material - when there is some transmission involved.
- Fixed render artefacts with specular materials that have an IOR between (1 .. 1.00005).
- Fixed missing thin film interference if RGB IOR or IOR + color is used in layered materials.
- Fixed incorrect fake shadow colour if a vertex attribute texture is used in the transmission channel.
- Fixed environment shadows missing in the general shadow pass.
- Fixed error "unexpected primitive type 2" when you try to use the baking camera and displacement.
- Fixed kernel failure if you render accurate rounded edges with the PMC kernel and a baking camera.
- Fixed exception handling on MacOS which should reduce the delay/freeze during a crash.

RELEASE 2019.1.2.0

- Fixed a bug in the procedural mesh volume objects rendering.
- Fixed a minor text overlapping issue in the render window.

- Fixed toon material rendering incorrectly for camera toon light.
- Fixed toon material causing a render failure in the material preview.
- Fixed multi-layered material not outputting multi-layered bump mapped / mapped normals in info passes
- Fixed volume render inconsistency when using legacy mode.
- Fixed incorrect denoiser output when enablign some light passes.
- Fixed upsampler not working properly for the very first time on some GPUs (this does not fix the upsampler on Win 7, which is still an unsolved problem).
- Fixed kernel crash when using accurate rounded edges if adjacent geometry of an edge is a displacement triangle.
- Fixed discontinuities in shading normals for some cases when using fast rounded edges.
- Fixed a bug in the vertex normal calculation of vertex displacement geometry which was causing the geometry to look facetted when using the join unwelded vertices option.
- Fixed net render slave crash when a scene contains images compressed on the master.

RELEASE 2019.1.1.0

- Fixed incorrect rendering of net render slaves.
- Fixed crash when trying to render preview if a material that uses vertex displacement.
- Fixed the diffuse channel of the metal material node to render black if it's not connected.
- Fixed render failure in the material preview of shadow catcher materials.
- Fixed anisotropy not working with values ranged between [-1 .. 0).
- Fixed render failure when rendering volumes with scattering media.
- Fixed fall off node not taking bump/normal map into account.
- Fixed dielectric 1/IOR map not working with dielectric layer.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of sheen when the diffuse and specular channels are both 0.
- Fixed incorrect compilation of OSL code in some cases.
- Fixed legacy volume render not matching between 2018.1. (To enable the legacy mode tick Emulate old volume behavior in the kernel settings)
- Disabled AI upsampling if the output is a linear (unclamped) HDR image, because it is currently not supported.

RELEASE 2019.1.0.5

- Addressed the image distortion problems when the upsampling was enabled.
- New Octane String and Enum nodes that can be used with the OSL nodes to support these kinds of parameters.

- Improved AI Denoiser
- Fixed mix material not consistent with rendering specular layer + diffuse material when swapping input pins.
- Fixed energy conservation for universal layer BSDF
- Fixed _getUV() and getattribute("hit:uv", uvs) not working in some cases
- Fixed picking when upsampling is enabled
- Fixed toon outline always rendering black
- Fixed shared toon materials only rendering correctly on one object, the rest black
- Fixed glossy material always triggering full shader rebuilds
- Fixed render failure when using accurate rounded edges with displacement triangles.
- Fixed issue that would cause discontinuities in interpolated vertex normals in primitives which geometric and vertex normals would be in opposite hemispheres.
- Moved affect roughness setting into specular layer and sheen layer node.
- Layered material: Fixed incorrect direct reflection renderpass from layered material.
- Layered material: Fixed dirt texture when used with layered materials
- Fixed multiple cases of unnecessary rebuilding of geometry that were assigned with vertex displacement
- Fixed refract alpha issue not renering the transparency on specular material
- Universal material: Fixed universal material pins to specify transmission type instead of multiple BxDF types as it was confusing
- Universal material: Fixed universal material layer with thin wall, and also planar behavior
- Universal material: Fixed universal material rendering specular material when given no diffuse, no transmission and coating only.
- Universal material: Fixed universal material fake shadow rendering incorrectly on diffusely transmissive materials
- Universal material: Fixed universal material not emitting light (when specular reflection is not black)
- Universal material: Fixed universal material inconsistency when refraction or transmission is not black
- Universal material: Fixed universal material not doing total internal reflection when diffuse color is not black
- Fixed universal material not updating when switching metallic mode.
- Fixed denoiser issues with layered material + fake shadow + diffuse layer on top of specular materials.
- Fixed incorrect render pass behaviour sometimes when there are no volumes in the scene.
- Fixed denoiser beauty pass getting garbage when certain denoiser passes are enabled.
- Fixed missing self-shadowing in the general and layered shadow passes.
- Fixed alpha channel in alpha passes if alpha is disabled in the kernel settings.

Happy rendering,
Your OTOY Team
Last edited by juanjgon on Sun May 03, 2020 11:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender 2019.1 LightWave Production build 2019.1.5.0

Postby promity » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:50 pm

promity Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:50 pm
Thank you. It's great as always. Something anything about ai upsample problem for win7?
AMD Threadripper 1950X/64gb ram/RTX 3080 Ti + RTX 2070/Samsung SSD 870 EVO 500 gb/
Lightwave 3d
promity
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Carlos3D » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:12 am

Carlos3D Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:12 am
Hi Juanjo

Happy New Year to you.

I would like to know if it is possible for Kenel to work as I show in this video.

The same example fits cameras and enveronments.

I believe it would be simpler to work this way.

Thanks.
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] 01.mp4 [ 4.46 MiB | Viewed 6094 times ]

Carlos3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Lewis » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Lewis Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:34 pm
Thanks Juan, works fine so far.
--
Lewis
http://www.ram-studio.hr
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

WS AMD TRPro 3955WX, 256GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090, 1 * RTX 3090
RS1 i7 9800X, 64GB RAM, Win10, 3 * RTX 3090
RS2 i7 6850K, 64GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090
Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rustyippolito » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:09 am

rustyippolito Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:09 am
We are trying to render a scene with instancing (with texture maps driving the Y-offsets based on distance to a null) and whatever we try, even with full scene reload, the instances' positions do not update at render time. Is there any known workaround to this problem? We have had this same issue in every Octane version prior to this and we were REALLY hoping to have a solution in this version. Has anyone been successful at having instances being animated?
rustyippolito
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:47 pm

juanjgon Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:47 pm
rustyippolito wrote:We are trying to render a scene with instancing (with texture maps driving the Y-offsets based on distance to a null) and whatever we try, even with full scene reload, the instances' positions do not update at render time. Is there any known workaround to this problem? We have had this same issue in every Octane version prior to this and we were REALLY hoping to have a solution in this version. Has anyone been successful at having instances being animated?

I think that I've seen this problem before, and unfortunately I had not been able to resolve it because somehow this issue came from LightWave itself. The only solution was to render the scene frame by frame using LWSN or a rendering script, like the one attached here.

Hope it helps,
-Juanjo
Attachments
renderScript.zip
(419 Bytes) Downloaded 254 times
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby richardo32 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:14 pm

richardo32 Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:14 pm
Hi Juanjo

Just wondering if there is a problem with the plugin / lightwave or my set up?
On large scenes i have to reload the scene a few times to get it too render, when it does, it
renders perfectly. Am using the latest studio driver 442.19 and have 3 render nodes.

Best regards

Richard
Lightwave 2015.3 I Octane 2020.1.RC2
Ryzen 3960x I win 10 I 64gb I 2x2080ti 1x1080ti
3xslaves 12x1080ti
richardo32
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:37 pm

juanjgon Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:37 pm
richardo32 wrote:Just wondering if there is a problem with the plugin / lightwave or my set up?
On large scenes i have to reload the scene a few times to get it too render, when it does, it
renders perfectly. Am using the latest studio driver 442.19 and have 3 render nodes.

And what happens when the scene can't be rendered? Do you get a crash, or missing objects? Perhaps sometimes you are running out of VRAM, specially if you are rendering with the GPU used for the monitors.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby richardo32 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm

richardo32 Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm
hi

I am not using the monitor gpu to render. octane does not crash. yes the scene uses out of core memory.
the ipr loads the scene but only renders the background so I have to reload
the scene in the ipr and then it renders properly...
just annoying having to wait for a scene to reload once or twice to get it too render.
doing an F9 render, octane renders perfectly....it's the ipr that has the problem..
3xslaves 12x1080ti
richardo32
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby richardo32 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:25 am

richardo32 Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:25 am
Hi Juanjo

ipr first round.jpg

ipr third round.jpg

here are two screen shots from the same session in lightwave......no crashes etc.
i had to reload the scene 3 times, in the ipr, before it rendered....

Richard
3xslaves 12x1080ti
richardo32
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Releases