Raw Serenity - A Wabi Sabi Interior

Forums: Raw Serenity - A Wabi Sabi Interior
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Raw Serenity - A Wabi Sabi Interior

Postby nejck » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:06 pm

nejck Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:06 pm
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to share a couple of images with you all :) These are from my latest personal project dubbed "Raw Serenity".

Raw Serenity is an exploration of styles unknown, a step out of the comfort zone in search for the new and the different. Whether the project is ultimately categorized as a product visualization or even an interior render set is not really important. What is important is exploring new styles and new design principles which can eventually help create inspiring commercial work and help brands stand out.

I'd be happy to hear any and all constructive criticism.

Cinema 4D R21, Octane Renderer 2019 (PT kernel)

Camera A.jpg

Camera B.jpg

Camera C.jpg

Camera D.jpg

Camera E.jpg

Camera H.jpg
nejck
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Raw Serenity - A Wabi Sabi Interior

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Seekerfinder Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:07 pm
Hi nejck,

Awesome...! You can really capture an atmosphere.

How did you do the fire?

Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Notiusweb Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:23 pm
I can give a constructive criticism, but really it's just an idea-

Make the blanket cloth a touch different color than the scene's material. I know you are looking to keep the motif, but just a touch more natural could bring out the blanket without undoing the atmosphere.
In some shots you have the fire or plant on one side, so the coloric symmetry it could be balanced out by a more distinct colored blanket on the other side.
Because the blanket to me has much more story-telling element than the fire or the plant, so the fact that the blanket is so close to the color as the stone and chair's material pulls away from the blanket.
It could still be tannish, or white?...or maroon red burgundy...something with tension...it doesn't have to be bright purple-pink or anything, but just a smidge to accent it apart from the stone.
That's my idea. Otherwise....AWESOME!!!!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nejck » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:49 pm

nejck Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:49 pm
Hey to the both of you! :) A little belated response but here I am :D

@Seekerfinder
A big thank you for the nice words :) As for the fire, Its just a squareish plane mesh with an emissive texture + an opacity one. Does that help?

@Notiusweb
Oh sweet, thanks for chiming in! While the idea was to have a more monochrome color theme for this one, basically I wanted most of the tones to be some warm variant of something brownish, I do appreciate your comment and could totally see myself go into that direction. Much appreciated and thank you!
nejck
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Seekerfinder Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:31 pm
nejck wrote:@Seekerfinder
A big thank you for the nice words :) As for the fire, Its just a squareish plane mesh with an emissive texture + an opacity one. Does that help?

Ah, thanks nejck. It's very effective!
Keep it up!
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nejck » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:25 pm

nejck Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:25 pm
@Seeker
Glad that info it was helpful to you! And thanks again for the compliments! :D
nejck
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery