OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1 [superseded by 2020.1 XB2]

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1 [superseded by 2020.1 XB2]
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1

Postby Shamefestival » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Shamefestival Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:48 pm
Guys -
Does it happen when you export your scenes to standalone via Orbx and run as a batch job, or only within C4D plugin.
According to your reports, it should be simple test to trial since it happens often, and predictably with > 1 card.
You are speaking of something very specific here - Denoiser and crashes. Are the crashes stalls within just the app, or the whole PC, as in a Win 10 BSOD Watchdog violation.[/quote]

C4D Plugin. I use 3x Titan X Pascals. App crash. Not PC. I've done all these tests tons of times in variations. Just fed up. It's reputation is for stills and concept. If thats the goal then fine, but say so because i'm for animation not 1 frame.
Shamefestival
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:16 pm

aoktar Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:16 pm
Shamefestival wrote:Guys -
Does it happen when you export your scenes to standalone via Orbx and run as a batch job, or only within C4D plugin.
According to your reports, it should be simple test to trial since it happens often, and predictably with > 1 card.
You are speaking of something very specific here - Denoiser and crashes. Are the crashes stalls within just the app, or the whole PC, as in a Win 10 BSOD Watchdog violation.

C4D Plugin. I use 3x Titan X Pascals. App crash. Not PC. I've done all these tests tons of times in variations. Just fed up. It's reputation is for stills and concept. If thats the goal then fine, but say so because i'm for animation not 1 frame.[/quote]
Why don't you report your issues in C4D forum and ask for help?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby VVG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:34 pm

VVG Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:34 pm
Goldorak wrote:
Agendum wrote:
Gavnomaster wrote:Otoy will generally listen to its users who invest in product development? Give us normal licenses, give us working plugins. Otherwise, you will lose customers, your reputation will drop. :shock: :? :idea:

+1

Feels like the loyal customer base (who are too forgiving) is being exploited.

Tell us how we can specifically help and we will do if at all possible. Always here to support the costumer.

You have the worst licensing system. It seems you yourself are confused and continue to confuse the regular users who are with you from the very beginning.

I asked for a support for a personal discount on the upgrade of the PERMANENT license from V4 to the PERMANENT 2020. I specifically waited for it. Not updated for 2018-2019.

Your support did not respond to any letters (there were several)

Why didn’t you meet your old customers and did not give a discount on the update on Black Friday. 499 euros is a large one-time amount for most!

WE HELPED YOU TO IMPROVE YOUR INTEGRATIONS, ACTIVELY SENT BAGGEPORTS starting from v1 - to V4 (the most terrible period of updating from V3 to V4).
And you do not need to indicate that the update from v3 to V4 was free, it would be better if it was paid and with a system license like REDSHIFT.

You just created a big headache for yourself and the rest with the current license system.

We are waiting for your discount on the update for V4 permanent licenses (499 euros)
Win 10x64, AMD 1950x 16C/32T, RAM 32Gb, RTX 3060x3
Octane-for-C4D(R23.110)2021.x.x, Cycles4D, Centileo. Nvidia 472.47 STUDIO
VVG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Shamefestival » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Shamefestival Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:52 pm
aoktar wrote:
Shamefestival wrote:Guys -
You are speaking of something very specific here - Denoiser and crashes. Are the crashes stalls within just the app, or the whole PC, as in a Win 10 BSOD Watchdog violation.

C4D Plugin. I use 3x Titan X Pascals. App crash. Not PC. I've done all these tests tons of times in variations. Just fed up. It's reputation is for stills and concept. If thats the goal then fine, but say so because i'm for animation not 1 frame.

Why don't you report your issues in C4D forum and ask for help?[/quote]

I have contributed to those forums already. Not seen any progress. Me posting here was based on moving to Redshift even though these new features are awesome! But I was just hoping to find some stability improvements as i'm sure you are aware of these issues.
Shamefestival
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wallace » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:37 pm

wallace Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:37 pm
Notiusweb wrote:2 - some lighting scenarios and HDRI's will cause the hair to look like mirror-hair with the roughness too low. But, then if I raise the roughness the hair color then goes grey and is no longer a jet black.
Off the top of my head, I think the Hair Material could use a Specular node, that way even with the low roughness the spec could be scene adjusted to be less pronounced. See, I can easily adjust spec, and apply spec maps, with other materials shaders, just not with this special 'Hair' material. So it would help retain the jet black without turning mirror in some lighting scenarios.

For now I would like to avoid adding another texture in the hair shader at all cost, for performance reasons.

My preferred solution is to introduce varying IOR into the shader like the specular material, this would reduce the amount of specular reflection you are seeing at low roughness, and this is what I would do first.
wallace
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby aoktar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:31 pm

aoktar Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:31 pm
Shamefestival wrote:I have contributed to those forums already. Not seen any progress. Me posting here was based on moving to Redshift even though these new features are awesome! But I was just hoping to find some stability improvements as i'm sure you are aware of these issues.

Where's it? Only message about bug that's a topic like, "Re: Each frame renders longer than previous. All frames similar.". I'm not aware of all issues, I'm not wizard to estimate all. Btw some people is not finding a good way to fix stability issues which comes from hardware/drivers. And this causes problems.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Goldorak Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:13 pm
VVG wrote:
We are waiting for your discount on the update for V4 permanent licenses (499 euros)

Would you mind emailing me (Jules) directly so I can help sort this out for your one on one. [email protected] goes right to my inbox.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Shamefestival » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Shamefestival Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm
aoktar wrote:
Shamefestival wrote:I have contributed to those forums already. Not seen any progress. Me posting here was based on moving to Redshift even though these new features are awesome! But I was just hoping to find some stability improvements as i'm sure you are aware of these issues.

Where's it? Only message about bug that's a topic like, "Re: Each frame renders longer than previous. All frames similar.". I'm not aware of all issues, I'm not wizard to estimate all. Btw some people is not finding a good way to fix stability issues which comes from hardware/drivers. And this causes problems.

Yeah that at the time was a very temporary fix. Ultimately solved nothing. Same issue. Yeah i'm not dependent on a wizard. I make my own magic. Just this issue hasn't changed which brings to mind why people don't mention Octane w/Animation so much. It's ok if it can't be fixed. That's why i'll try REDSHIFT instead.
Attachments
pooh.PNG
Shamefestival
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:26 pm

aoktar Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:26 pm
Shamefestival wrote:Yeah that at the time was a very temporary fix. Ultimately solved nothing. Same issue. Yeah i'm not dependent on a wizard. I make my own magic. Just this issue hasn't changed which brings to mind why people don't mention Octane w/Animation so much. It's ok if it can't be fixed. That's why i'll try REDSHIFT instead.

Probably you have some C4D shaders(layer/noise) and crashed. Or some cuda crash at back and you didn't checked "CONSOLE" window. I've replied in your topic for help and you didn't answer it.
And it's not true that people don't use it for animations a lot, sorry!

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mojave » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:38 pm

mojave Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:38 pm
fantome wrote:Thanks to Otoy team for point and curves attributes and for a good hair shader, this is great to see that you listen to us and it check 2 must have features in my list.
Have you solve the motion blur issues with displacement or is it still a work in progress ?

Cheers
E

Motion blur has been supported with vector displacement for some time. If you refer to the original texture displacement this is a limitation.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases