Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - v0.26: ORBX/MorphTargets

Forums: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - v0.26: ORBX/MorphTargets
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - v0.26: ORBX/MorphTargets

Postby Notiusweb » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Notiusweb Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:43 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:
Notiusweb wrote:Hi Chris, it does work!....almost....
Morph Targets on the character transfer over.
It is interesting, if I drag along the iClone timeline, and UE4 moves respectively in realtime, the Octane viewport perpetually renders like a constant realtime update, it never completes itself as a render.
It constantly runs pixelated, but you can see the matching blendshape in the image.

But then it will suddenly look like it is going to complete a frame, and it crashes UE4.

I am using 4.22.3 because iClone doesn't support 4.23 yet.... :x

UE4 Error

LoginId:5f684a39407181cb7126fe979a5c88c5
EpicAccountId:

Assertion failed: [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderResource.cpp] [Line: 151] A FRenderResource was deleted without being released first!

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_OctanePlugin
UE4Editor_OctanePlugin
octane

Octane updates the model everytime unreal claims the mesh has changed. Which means that if iClone sets the SkeletonMesh to "dirty" octane will start rebuilding the mesh every frame update.
Ill check if i can figure out why the crash is happening. I was hoping I didnt have to learn how to use iClone, but alas.

Thanks! If you need any help or contacts, do let me know. I know and use the soft, and have been a Beta participant for several of their products....much to Reallusion's dismay.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:46 pm

ChrisHekman Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:46 pm
acc24ex wrote:imported the orbx scene, and it was rotated by 90 degrees, and no materials assigned, and generic texture names, model had multi materials..

..is it ever going to have applied materials at all, since this seems to require making materials and assigning the textures all manually.. PITA, but still a bit better then nothing

Could you send me the your orbx file?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:16 pm

ChrisHekman Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:16 pm
mrfactory wrote:Hello Chris, Thanks for your fast answer!!.

1-When the ORBX imported, UE4 parent materials will be also created?

Do you mean if there will be a conversion step from Octane Materials to Unreal materials?
Yes, the conversión from ORBX to UE4 materials is the most important for us.
----------------
The idea is to create a set with Maya, 3DS, C4D.... with Octane, then export to ORBX, then import to UE4 so that we can Previs in realtime, and then record the camera tracking data in FBX format with our system so that we can render the whole movie with Octane Render with 10x GPU HPC Servers.

We've been successfull doing just the modeling and the UV (UDIM) with external 3D app, and then, light, map all the textures and create all the materials within UE4, rendering both at the same time Octane Render and UE4 so that both have the same color and same light.
----------------
We are using this system for feature films and fiction series. This is one of our first tests, https://vimeo.com/263196460

Best Regards

Hi Mr Factory

We discussed this and are going to look into the following two features for ORBX importing:

- Unreal preview materials.
During ORBX importing new unreal parent materials will be contructed by partially converting Octane materials to unreal materials.

- Alembic support. ("Export to animated package" in cinema 4D)
Currently this does not work for animations because of scaling differences in the alembic file that octane creates. Im going to look if it is possible to change this scaling before its imported into unreal.

Would this help?
*Do note that material/texture animations will not supported and VDB will not be supported by ORBX importing.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby mrfactory » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:12 pm

mrfactory Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:12 pm
Thanks a lot, Chris, that's perfect!!!

We need to render UE4 baking/raytracing and render also Octane Render, to be as close as possible so that we use UE4 for Previz and Octane Render for Rendering. But if the previs is good enough we will keep that shot as Virtual Production shot, if not good enough we will render with Octane Render.

As a tumb rule, close shots and mid shots, tipically with low depth of field, can be Virtual Production 4K or Octane Render 4K rendering frame by frame (with pases) as needed, but wide shot must be Octane Render to keep all the details. With this approach we can save 30% of the render of a scene.

The best will be if we can bake using Octane Render plugin in UE4, so that de Previs is Octane Render and the Render is Octane Render.

Will be possible to bake light maps in UE4 using Octane Render???

Thanks for all.
mrfactory
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby acc24ex » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am

acc24ex Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am
again I'm testing with exporting from 3dsmax to orbx.. and the model is rotated in y and even mirrored second model, I even imported and saved with octane standalone..not sure whats going on there..

..also I create an octane material inside unreal, it doesn't see it in the unreal scene.. is that gonna be converting to ue mats, also when importing orbx convert to unreal mats.. that's what I'm expecting to get from this so far..
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 am

ChrisHekman Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 am
acc24ex wrote:again I'm testing with exporting from 3dsmax to orbx.. and the model is rotated in y and even mirrored second model, I even imported and saved with octane standalone..not sure whats going on there..

..also I create an octane material inside unreal, it doesn't see it in the unreal scene.. is that gonna be converting to ue mats, also when importing orbx convert to unreal mats.. that's what I'm expecting to get from this so far..

Again, could you share your orbx file that you are using with me? You can PM the link to me.

We are going to support Octane to unreal conversion, but it is going to be limited and for previz.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby StyleMarshal » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:18 pm

StyleMarshal Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:18 pm
Hi Chris , thanx for the good work so far :-)

Question :
Does Octane support Unreals dynamic cloth ? (NvCloth)
When I render out a Character with dyn Cloth in sequencer the Unreal Render looks fine , but the Octane Render doesn't render thy dynamics of the cloth.

Or am I missing something ?

best :-)
StyleMarshal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:15 pm

ChrisHekman Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:15 pm
StyleMarshal wrote:Hi Chris , thanx for the good work so far :-)

Question :
Does Octane support Unreals dynamic cloth ? (NvCloth)
When I render out a Character with dyn Cloth in sequencer the Unreal Render looks fine , but the Octane Render doesn't render thy dynamics of the cloth.

Or am I missing something ?

best :-)

I looked into this, cloth has been added and should be part of the next build.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby solomon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:14 pm

solomon Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:14 pm
4.24 support coming soon?
Solomon W. Jagwe
3D Artist/Animator/Modeler | Independent Film Director
http://www.sowl.com | http://www.galiwango.com | http://www.nkozaandnankya.com
solomon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:43 pm

ChrisHekman Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:43 pm
solomon wrote:4.24 support coming soon?

Yes.
There will be a build with 4.22 and 4.23 first though.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Releases