Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Forums: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby NorbertS » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:43 am

NorbertS Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:43 am
Good morning, first post here.

Thank you for the amazing Octane plugin for Unreal, having a lot of fun with it and is surprisingly easy to get it all started.
I'm having an issue rendering out a sequencer animation path.

I have followed the instructions but perhaps I missed something. The animation only renders out either just the first frame, or the first and second and it seems to hang afterwards
UE Version 4.23
Steps taken to render out sequencer.
- Fresh startup of project.
- Open map that contains the sequencer animation
- Hit "Octane" to start it up.
- Hit "render" on the RenderTarget that is placed in scene.
- Open animation sequence
- Hit render to file
- Select "Octane Image" and make sure {file} is there for output naming.

It only renders the first frame and that is it. The sample count is set to 100, on the first frame it calculates it all the way to 100 as it should i guess, but afterwards it's just stuck at 100/100. Unreal is reporting that the video is still being rendered, however nothing after the first frame is being save/outputted.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

// EDIT - adding image of setup
https://www.imgbin.net/JQ3sym1I6l
NorbertS

Postby NorbertS » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm

NorbertS Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm
I've done a quick test.
Start a fresh new project. Create a camera animation in sequencer.
Follow same steps as I have before, render out sequence, and it worked.
The only difference being, the Unreal viewport was open, and the camera in the viewport was set to the camera that I wanted to render out.
I went back to my original project, opened Unreal viewport, set camera to the camera i wanted to render out, and it worked.
I tend to close the Unreal viewport for optimization as it does take up memory when open. I assumed that it was safe to do so as it wasn't mentioned it the steps required to render out a sequence.

This now works for me, perhaps it would be ideal to add this into the step so that others who experience the same issue could resolve it quickly? Or maybe this is a well known thing and i just overlooked it :)
Thanks
NorbertS

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 pm

ChrisHekman Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 pm
NorbertS wrote:I've done a quick test.
Start a fresh new project. Create a camera animation in sequencer.
Follow same steps as I have before, render out sequence, and it worked.
The only difference being, the Unreal viewport was open, and the camera in the viewport was set to the camera that I wanted to render out.
I went back to my original project, opened Unreal viewport, set camera to the camera i wanted to render out, and it worked.
I tend to close the Unreal viewport for optimization as it does take up memory when open. I assumed that it was safe to do so as it wasn't mentioned it the steps required to render out a sequence.

This now works for me, perhaps it would be ideal to add this into the step so that others who experience the same issue could resolve it quickly? Or maybe this is a well known thing and i just overlooked it :)
Thanks

I have tried reproducing this issue using your steps, but have been unable to do so. Would it be possible for you to explain your steps again? (If possible with pictures?)
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Aakanksha » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:47 am

Aakanksha Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:47 am
The main contrast being, the Incredible viewport was open, and the camera in the viewport was set to the camera that I needed to render out.

I returned to my unique task, opened Incredible viewport, set camera to the camera I needed to render out, and it worked. Dot Net Training in Nagpur

I will in general close the Incredible viewport for streamlining as it takes up memory when open. I accepted that it was protected to do as such as it wasn't referenced it the means required to render out a grouping.
Aakanksha

Postby Aakanksha » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:48 am

Aakanksha Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:48 am
The main contrast being, the Incredible viewport was open, and the camera in the viewport was set to the camera that I needed to render out.

I returned to my unique task, opened Incredible viewport, set camera to the camera I needed to render out, and it worked. Dot Net Training in Nagpur

I will in general close the Incredible viewport for streamlining as it takes up memory when open. I accepted that it was protected to do as such as it wasn't referenced it the means required to render out a grouping.
Aakanksha

Postby J583 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:28 am

J583 Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:28 am
For anyone out that still has the issue of level sequencer rendering only the first frame. I am using Unreal 22.
- Click on OctaneRenderTarget from your world outliner
- Go to Camera Mode and select Viewport instead of Selected camera

For some reason if your camera mode is switched to selected camera, it wouldnt render the camera animation.
J583

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 am

ChrisHekman Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 am
J583 wrote:For anyone out that still has the issue of level sequencer rendering only the first frame. I am using Unreal 22.
- Click on OctaneRenderTarget from your world outliner
- Go to Camera Mode and select Viewport instead of Selected camera

For some reason if your camera mode is switched to selected camera, it wouldnt render the camera animation.

Thanks for the post. Ill check if i can add a warning or automatically switch the camera mode over.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Releases