Change and enhancements request for the Octane Daz Plugin

Forums: Change and enhancements request for the Octane Daz Plugin
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Change and enhancements request for the Octane Daz Plugin

Postby RGUS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:27 am

RGUS Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:27 am
rajib wrote:
Laticis wrote:This was a bit sad to read "but major changes will generally not be possible." :(

Hi Paul,

Frankly I am not happy with this. You are the "Otoy" representative for us Daz users. I hope you understand we are paying full license cost for Otoy and expect full support for Octane features in the Daz Studio plugin. It has been some time since you have taken over from t3. I would have expected you would have re-written the code from scratch if needed to support the new features. If you are unable to add the Octane features in the Daz Studio plugin, please let Otoy know that you cannot handle the plugin. As a paying customer who is paying for full license cost (and it is not cheap) I expect all features to be working in the Daz Studio plugin. You have said it many times that you cannot add features / fix certain things based on the existing code, so isn't it time to rewrite the code ? We are now facing similar situation we faced with t3, where the Daz Studio plugin was constantly lagging behind in terms of features and fixes.

I hope you commit to rewriting the plugin code and ask Otoy for additional developer resources if you do not have time to rewrite the code or unable to do so on your own. We as paying customers and expect features to be added on time and not given excuses that because of the old code base, new features cannot be added / things cannot be fixed. Please work it out with Otoy and get the plugin code base enhanced and sorted.

I am sorry I am being harsh here, but I am getting a bit fed up with the sate of the Daz Studio plugin. In any case, I will continue to do my RnDs and tests and continue to report things that need fixing and things that could be enhanced and made better in this thread.

Regards,
Rajib

Ouch!... but justified.
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:18 pm

Sorel Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:18 pm
rajib wrote:
Laticis wrote:This was a bit sad to read "but major changes will generally not be possible." :(

Hi Paul,

Frankly I am not happy with this. You are the "Otoy" representative for us Daz users. I hope you understand we are paying full license cost for Otoy and expect full support for Octane features in the Daz Studio plugin. It has been some time since you have taken over from t3. I would have expected you would have re-written the code from scratch if needed to support the new features. If you are unable to add the Octane features in the Daz Studio plugin, please let Otoy know that you cannot handle the plugin. As a paying customer who is paying for full license cost (and it is not cheap) I expect all features to be working in the Daz Studio plugin. You have said it many times that you cannot add features / fix certain things based on the existing code, so isn't it time to rewrite the code ? We are now facing similar situation we faced with t3, where the Daz Studio plugin was constantly lagging behind in terms of features and fixes.

I hope you commit to rewriting the plugin code and ask Otoy for additional developer resources if you do not have time to rewrite the code or unable to do so on your own. We as paying customers and expect features to be added on time and not given excuses that because of the old code base, new features cannot be added / things cannot be fixed. Please work it out with Otoy and get the plugin code base enhanced and sorted.

I am sorry I am being harsh here, but I am getting a bit fed up with the sate of the Daz Studio plugin. In any case, I will continue to do my RnDs and tests and continue to report things that need fixing and things that could be enhanced and made better in this thread.

Regards,
Rajib

Ibhad actually sent otoy an email last week asking if they would take steps to get the daz plugin up to par but I have not recieved any response.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:39 am

rajib Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:39 am
Sorel wrote:
Ibhad actually sent otoy an email last week asking if they would take steps to get the daz plugin up to par but I have not recieved any response.
I hope Otoy steps up and provides necessary developer support to Paul. Pail has been doing good work but still we are getting further and further behind so the code definitely needs to be re-written to support the new features. We all can only hope that Otoy listens to us.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:14 am

rajib Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:14 am
Universal Material Preview thumbnail in NGE : Fixed Thank you Paul.

The Universal Material Preview was not display in NGE when you selected the material. Originally reported in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=71080&start=50#p367452.

Do note I have tested this in only 2019.1.0.46 version of the plugin.
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:55 am

face_off Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:55 am
The Universal Material Preview was not display in NGE when you selected the material. Originally reported in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=71080&start=50#p367452.

It is working for me. Perhaps I have misunderstood the problem?

Paul
Attachments
universal_material_preview.png
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rajib » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:08 pm

rajib Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:08 pm
face_off wrote:

It is working for me. Perhaps I have misunderstood the problem?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, it is working in the current one. I had already marked the post as fixed : "Universal Material Preview thumbnail in NGE : Fixed Thank you Paul." :)

I had just mentioned it in this thread so that any one following this thread will know it is working. Whatever gets fixed I will be updating the first line of the issue post in green and mark it as fixed. E.g. I had also marked the "Final Button" post as fixed as you have already added in the confirmation popup.

Some of my issue reporting are in different threads. I am trying to capture them all here in one thread.

Regards,
Rajib
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby apollyonpt » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:20 pm

apollyonpt Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:20 pm
custom luts :)
apollyonpt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:20 am

rajib Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:20 am
Wrong pose orientation at load

Hi Paul,

Finally managed to create a scene with basic G8F character and a pose that will always show wrongly at the Octane Viewport when the render starts. Only if Rebuild scene is done, will it correct. Reload forced and Reload on demand does not correct it.

But I do have a very heavy scene where even a rebuild is not able to fix it. So if this can be solved at the initial load it will be great. I guess it is something to do with the world / local coordinate. This one is a long standing issue. Hope with the attached test scene file you can finally resolve it.

InitialLoadWrongPose.jpg
Daz Pose correct, Octane shows it wrongly.

I have zipped the test scene file and attached it to this post.

Regards,
Rajib
Attachments
PoseTest.zip
Test scene file.
(266.01 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby birdovous » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:57 am

birdovous Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:57 am
rajib wrote:

Hi Paul,

Regards,
Rajib

I'm pretty much aware that it won't change anything, however, I have to fully agree with the above...
Birdovous
Master: Core i7 2600K, 32GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX Titan X (SC)
Slave 1: Core i5 4460, 16GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Slave 2: Core i7 9700K, 64GB RAM, 2x ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
birdovous
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:01 am

rajib Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:01 am
Add Visible Environment as Camera Environment

Hi Paul,

Can you add the Visible Environment setting is the plugin ? This is missing from the plugin. This additional environment is on top of the Environment. You can create a new Tab for it. It is present in the Standalone as well as other plugins.

OctaneStandalone.jpg
Octane Standalone setting for the additional Visible Environment
OctaneStandalone.jpg (17.8 KiB) Viewed 4608 times

HoudiniSettings.jpg
Houdini plugin setting for the additional Visible Environment

Please add this to both 2019.1.x as well as the new 2020.1.x plugin versions.

Regards,
Rajib
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio