From rhino material to octanematerial

Forums: From rhino material to octanematerial
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: From rhino material to octanematerial

Postby frisog » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

frisog Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am
Thank you. Attached a simple file with just one box with one material with some color / reflection / opacity and gloss finish settings as a rhino custom material. As a zip because I coudln't upload 3dm file. This is not converting well for me. If this is working for you, I wonder what could be influencing the behaviour of the conversion on my installation. Thank you for having a look.

face_off wrote:
Sure. See attached image with explanation in the image.
Hi. I just tested this, and changing the type via the material combo box, and using the Convert All Materials To Octane Materials resulted in the same material conversion, so it is working correctly for me. I notice on your screenshot there are no texturemaps, so there are no maps to convert to the Octane material. If you have a specific material which demonstrates the problem you are having, can you please send it to me and I will take a closer look.

Thanks

Paul
Attachments
mat-conversion-test-tile.zip
Material conversion test file
(25.23 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
frisog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 am

face_off Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 am
Attached a simple file with just one box with one material with some color / reflection / opacity and gloss finish settings as a rhino custom material.
That file converts to a Specular material with a Red Transmission using both the Change Node Type combo box and Convert All Materials To Octane Materials for me. Can you post a screenshot of your plugin Settings panel please?

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby frisog » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:38 pm

frisog Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:38 pm
Attached a screenshot of my settings.

face_off wrote:
Attached a simple file with just one box with one material with some color / reflection / opacity and gloss finish settings as a rhino custom material.
That file converts to a Specular material with a Red Transmission using both the Change Node Type combo box and Convert All Materials To Octane Materials for me. Can you post a screenshot of your plugin Settings panel please?

Thanks

Paul
Attachments
octanesettings.jpg
octane rhino settings
frisog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:00 am

face_off Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:00 am
These are the same as my settings.

Can you pls provide screenshots showing the problem happening on the file you provided above? Provide a screenshot for each step in the way.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Rhinoceros 3D