Can not select render camera anymore?

Forums: Can not select render camera anymore?
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Can not select render camera anymore?

Postby EvolverInteractive » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 am

EvolverInteractive Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 am
I've unloaded reloaded, I just upgraded to Enterprise License for Unreal. Select the camera and main light, for the Render target is not working. Thanks
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Can not select render camera anymore?

Postby EvolverInteractive » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 pm

EvolverInteractive Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 pm
Well I deleted the render target and reloaded it. Something with just that 1 project. I have completed 8 project fully with Octane in Unreal. I had to wait until I finished before messing with anything. For some reason just with that 1 project it didn't work. I don't know. Odd. I could be because there are 15 cameras but I wouldn't think it would matter.
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:25 am

ChrisHekman Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:25 am
Was the bug that you could see the camera/light you wanted to select but when you select it, the slot stayed empty?

One thing that we found was that the select only works when both actors/components are in the same level/world.
Otherwise unreal will refuse to link them because they do not share the same lifetime. Maybe unreal thought the RT wasnt in the same level?

If you happen to know the steps to recreate it, please let us know.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby EvolverInteractive » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 pm

EvolverInteractive Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 pm
Hmm. I just checked and there is only 1 level. I deleted all the camera and redid it. Could be just random....or not I just figured it out. Super odd the folder redirect couldn't write the name for some reason and the reason is my file convention. I put an `Projects so it's always at the top. So I added a camera level to confirm.

Probably just my fault and only on this project. I'm changing to project folder to _Projects instead. Not your fault, it was mine and Unreals.

My fault,

Thanks,
I use Octane and Unreal about 6 hours a day since I could get my hands on it. I added another 2080 to the system : now I have 3x 2080 and 1 x 1080 in my computer for it and Enterprise License . It's actually amazing.
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports