View port interactivity delay setting

Forums: View port interactivity delay setting
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

View port interactivity delay setting

Postby nastid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm

nastid Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm
Hello.

Is there a setting, or config file somewhere where i can change the unreal viewport interactivity delay?

Currently I only have a 1070, so using immediate interactivity isn't that workable, this is especially so when tumble (alt + left mouse btn) the scene. The scene spins in place without moving/updating, and only refreshes once you stop rotating but ii's pot luck where you'll end up location-wise.

The normal viewport render is fine for me but I wanted to reduce the set delay (currently around 3-4s) that waits before the last viewport action.

Thanks.
nastid

Re: View port interactivity delay setting

Postby EvolverInteractive » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:14 pm

EvolverInteractive Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:14 pm
On the top left of the Octane view port where it reads "DeMain", click that and select select "Main" the De noising only updates every 32 samples unless you change it.
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nastid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:11 pm

nastid Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:11 pm
Thank you EvolverInteractive but I was referring to the default unreal viewport, with octane rendering inside that, not the octane viewport.

e.g. Image

Currently there is a pre set delay, around 3-4 second after the last user interaction, before Octane kicks in and renders inside the unreal viewport. I want to reduce that set wait time to 500ms-1s.
nastid

Postby EvolverInteractive » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:08 am

EvolverInteractive Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:08 am
Just check the box under that for interactive rendering to displays immediateImage

But good luck it's not so quick and I'm using 3 GPU, but it's not for full scenes it's for doing modeling and scene setup
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am

ChrisHekman Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am
nastid wrote:Thank you EvolverInteractive but I was referring to the default unreal viewport, with octane rendering inside that, not the octane viewport.
Currently there is a pre set delay, around 3-4 second after the last user interaction, before Octane kicks in and renders inside the unreal viewport. I want to reduce that set wait time to 500ms-1s.

The wait time is based on how many samples currently have been rendered. When octane has rendered 2 or more samples per pixels we start drawing over unreal. (Reducing this to 1 sample causes bad visual artifacts)
The time it takes to render 2 samples and display results in unreal depends primarily on your scene and GPU. Also a little bit on your CPU.

As EvolverInteractive said, you can turn on Unreal viewport interactive mode if you want to always present to screen. This can cause some ghosting effects when Temporal AA is turned on. (You can change anti-aliasing in the project settings)
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby nastid » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 am

nastid Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 am
Thanks for the reply Chris.

Ah ok, now I understand. I was just wondering if I could do the same as vray where you can set the time delay before the render engine starts drawing on the unreal viewport.

Yes the immediate interactivity would be great but with my 1070 it's far too jumpy at larger viewport sizes... i was after a happy middle ground.
nastid

Return to Unreal® Engine