Octane Questions

Forums: Octane Questions
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Octane Questions

Postby martimoo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:35 am

martimoo Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:35 am
Hi Otoy,

I really like the way you implemented this into Unreal's material editor. Makes it so much easier to go from previz to final image.

About the Octane Material, at the moment it does not seem like im able to add a new texture within the Octane material, only through Parent material.
Is this on purpose or maybe a feature coming down the road?

All the features you listed that is not currently supported, are they being implemented later on?
The main feature im looking at is the Sequencer. As for now it doesn't seem like we're able to render any sequences except still images?
If there is a way within the Octane plugin, let me know :)
martimoo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Questions

Postby ChrisHekman » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:52 am

ChrisHekman Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:52 am
Hi Martimoo,

About the Octane Material, at the moment it does not seem like im able to add a new texture within the Octane material, only through Parent material.

You can add textures via the palette on the right.
UnrealTexture.png

All the features you listed that is not currently supported, are they being implemented later on?
The main feature im looking at is the Sequencer. As for now it doesn't seem like we're able to render any sequences except still images?

We are developing sequencer support; the features we are currently looking at are terrain, sequencer and ORBX loading.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Octane Questions

Postby martimoo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:23 pm

martimoo Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:23 pm
Ahh ofcourse, i did not see that, thanks a lot!
I just noticed, "Unreal Texture" does not show if i right click and search for it. First i thought it would be "Texture in" with "RGB image node" heh...
Maybe support drag and drop textures into Octane material, just like in Unreal materials?

Awh that's really good to hear.
Keep it up, you guys are doing an amazing job!
martimoo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Unreal® Engine