2 GPU's Only one Being Used

Forums: 2 GPU's Only one Being Used
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

2 GPU's Only one Being Used

Postby 3dreamstudios » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:32 pm

3dreamstudios Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:32 pm
I was just looking around while rendering and noticed out of the two GPU's I have installed only one is being used during LWSN rendering. As you can see both are being setup correctly on initialization from the octane_node.cfg file.

Thoughts?

octane-two-gpus.jpg

octane-vs.jpg
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: 2 GPU's Only one Being Used

Postby juanjgon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:35 pm

juanjgon Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:35 pm
Hi,

Are you sure that you have the Windows task manager configured to plot the GPUs computing performance? This tool is not the best one to check the GPUs CUDA computing performance, and in any case, you must select one of the "compute_x" graph modes.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: 2 GPU's Only one Being Used

Postby 3dreamstudios » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:38 pm

3dreamstudios Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:38 pm
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

Are you sure that you have the Windows task manager configured to plot the GPUs computing performance? This tool is not the best one to check the GPUs CUDA computing performance, and in any case, you must select one of the "compute_x" graph modes.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

Ah yes If I choose Compute_0 it's pegged nearly 100%...that's what I like to see :)

Based on render times I was thinking this was an anomaly...but wanted to double check my settings. Thanks for confirming things!
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D