Multiple displacement maps in a single texture

Forums: Multiple displacement maps in a single texture
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Multiple displacement maps in a single texture

Postby Tripiox » Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Tripiox Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 pm
Hello everobody, while I'm already know how to do this inside Octane render node's structure I was wondering how to achieve this inside Octane Pluggin in Blender. I've been checking for resources in the forum and youtube but haven't been able to find the answer yet, any thoughts?
Cheers
Tripiox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Multiple displacement maps in a single texture

Postby ChrisH » Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm

ChrisH Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm
I'm curious to know what you mean by "Multiple displacement maps in a single texture", can you show a node set up from Stand alone?

In theory the nodes work the same in Octane Blender as they do in the Stand alone (after all, they get "translated" into the corresponding Octane Nodes), with some exceptions (one being that the nodes in OB is connected to the materials, in SA they are "global").
Windows 10 Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 2100X 8 core 3.70GHz - 32GB RAM - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Octane Prime - Blender Plugin user

Metal IOR values for Octane (with .blend library): https://chris.hindefjord.se/resources/rgb-ior-metals/
ChrisH
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Multiple displacement maps in a single texture

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri May 24, 2019 1:14 pm

linograndiotoy Fri May 24, 2019 1:14 pm
Tripiox wrote:Hello everobody, while I'm already know how to do this inside Octane render node's structure I was wondering how to achieve this inside Octane Pluggin in Blender. I've been checking for resources in the forum and youtube but haven't been able to find the answer yet, any thoughts?
Cheers

In Standalone you can apply multiple displacement to the same object. What happens there is that Octane automatically creates a copy of the mesh, so another displacement can be applied.

In Octane for Blender you can do it as well, but you'll need to create the duplicated mesh by yourself.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender