OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v4.02.1 - 6.16

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v4.02.1 - 6.16
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v4.02.1 - 6.16

Postby neonZorglub » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 am

neonZorglub Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 am
coilbook wrote:
neonZorglub wrote:
ramone163 wrote:I confirm that the material editor is much faster. Thank you neonZorglub.

Nice to hear, thanks:)
ramone163 wrote:But open Octane Render Setup, Camera modify parameters is still slow. I don't know, it is 3ds max or Octane problem?

coilbook wrote:3ds max mas still gets very slow after using octane viewport even selecting mesh objects.

> Try to 'Disable all Octane ToolTips' in global preferences / Trouble Shooting.
I may have missed something. I will keep investigating.

Thanks.
Can you please look into fog density precision. At certain point fog just turn off instead of becoming even less denser. viewtopic.php?f=81&t=71250

I posted some fog samples in this thread. Some scaling could also influence some precision or limit. If you can't get smooth density variation, could you post a simple scene ?
Thank you
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby coilbook » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:13 am

coilbook Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:13 am
There is a problem with Update Static geometry and itoo forest.
We have animated primitives and itoo is scattered on them (more detailed cars are scattered on moving boxes.). When update static geometry is unchecked itoo objects quit moving even though itoo geometry and itoo forest itself are set as movable proxies. For some reason octane recognizes itoo only as a static element.
Because of this update static geometry must be checked and this makes processing time go from 5 sec to 30.

Can you add an option to recognize itoo as movable proxy too?

UPDATE:
There is a problem with processing times and high count of itoo objects like high poly trees in this example. When green trees are enabled processing times goes from 13 seconds to 54 each frame. There are 244000 trees. Why? I thought once it is loaded into vram there shouldn'r be any processing times.
I think the problem is octane updates itoo every frame because update static geometry is on but we cannot turn it off because we use itoo to distribute on moving planes as detailed moving cars. If we uncheck then itoo cars wont move since octane sees itoo as static object only. Making itoo forest as movable proxy wont work. Please fix it that way we can make itoo as a movable proxy if we want. I think octane updates itoo every frame now

Thanks
Attachments
trrees.jpg
Last edited by coilbook on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 12 times in total.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:21 am

coilbook Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:21 am
Thanks
I will share the scene soon. It's just large scenes 5-10 miles thats when everything looks foggy and you cannot get no fog first 1-2 miles and then lots of fog far away. It would be nice to get a custom value no fog zone from the camera. Maybe instead of a sphere you should add a sphere with a shell so ther wont be for to the first inner wall of the sphere
Ideally it would be nice if you guys can make more effective fog with a noise option. Please look at the unreal fog in this video. iwish we had the same https://youtu.be/zKu1Y-LlfNQ?t=199
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nildoe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 am

nildoe Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 am
When I load a scene created with 6.12 after updating to 6.16 all textures in the render window disappear... I have to MERGE the object onto a new empty max file to be able to render properly..how to fix?

Edit:
Man this sucks!!

even after I merge the objects to a new file...if I save it and re-open the materials are gone again in the render..but not in the MatEditor or Viewport.

I even activated conversion and had to re-start max to no avail

why?!?!

Edit02:
I had to install 6.14 and now renders appear as they did in 6.12... please see the issue with 6.16 as soon as possible.. I'd love to have to a good performance with Mat Editor :(
Corei7, 6x GTX1070 (2 Inside and 4 in a CUBIX Xpander), 32GB Ram, Win10 64Bit Home, 3dsMax2017 64Bit, Octane for max 3 and LOVING IT!!!!

MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro G win10Home, gtx 980m.
nildoe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:05 am

paride4331 Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:05 am
coilbook wrote:There is a problem with Update Static geometry and itoo forest.
We have animated primitives and itoo is scattered on them (more detailed cars are scattered on moving boxes.). When update static geometry is unchecked itoo objects quit moving even though itoo geometry and itoo forest itself are set as movable proxies. For some reason octane recognizes itoo only as a static element.
Because of this update static geometry must be checked and this makes processing time go from 5 sec to 30.

UPDATE:
There is a problem with processing times and high count of itoo objects like high poly trees in this example. When green trees are enabled processing times goes from 13 seconds to 54 each frame. There are 244000 trees. Why? I thought once it is loaded into vram there shouldn'r be any processing times.
I think the problem is octane updates itoo every frame because update static geometry is on but we cannot turn it off because we use itoo to distribute on moving planes as detailed moving cars. If we uncheck then itoo cars wont move since octane sees itoo as static object only. Making itoo forest as movable proxy wont work. Please fix it that way we can make itoo as a movable proxy if we want. I think octane updates itoo every frame now

Thanks

Hi coilbook,
I try testing itoo animated objects proxy movable, it seems to work.
Itoo version?
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm

coilbook Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm
paride4331 wrote:
coilbook wrote:There is a problem with Update Static geometry and itoo forest.

UPDATE:

Thanks

Hi coilbook,
I try testing itoo animated objects proxy movable, it seems to work.
Itoo version?
Regards
Paride

Hi Paride,
I attached the scene it is not working. Itoo cars are not moving. When you turn off update static geometry and set itoo as movable proxy itoo forest does not move even though it is set as a movable proxy
Attachments
itoo test.zip
(49.94 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
1111111.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm

coilbook Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm
I think out of core has not been working properly.
Now I get cuda error failed to move image texture out of core

Also why am i even getting this error. When I went to octane viewport I am borderline close to my vram limit and RAm is not even being used.

I will also send you the scene soon that has slow eval tiems due to itoo forest.
Attachments
vram.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:15 pm

coilbook Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:15 pm
is there any way to have more precision of color. Changing red values from 255 to 234 changes nothing and then changing by 1 number changes red a lot. I need red inbetween. Thanks
Attachments
values.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:59 pm

paride4331 Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:59 pm
coilbook wrote:is there any way to have more precision of color. Changing red values from 255 to 234 changes nothing and then changing by 1 number changes red a lot. I need red inbetween. Thanks

Hi coilbook,
maybe it could help:
[url]you viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33214&p=143144&hilit=rgb#p143144[/url]
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:41 am

coilbook Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:41 am
Hi,
There is a problem with GPU failure message.
1. When the message appears and you hit OK 3ds max tries to render next frame and message appears again. So you have to be very fast to hit OK on that message and then quickly hit cancel rendering.
2. After you cancel all this 3ds max just crashes and closes instead of exiting rendering window.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases