Unity Build - Octane Errors

Forums: Unity Build - Octane Errors
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Unity Build - Octane Errors

Postby Lukebryan93 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Lukebryan93 Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:57 pm
Hi Guys

So ive recently been developing in unity 2018.3.9f1 and have been using octanes PBR lightmapper. All is well and im getting good results.. however i needed to build my scene for testing but when i come to build my scene (PC) i get the error below.

I've searched the internet and no idea for a solution. I can build my scene at the minute which is a huge set back. Do any of you guys have any idea what could be causing this.

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Editor ('Assets/Plugins/Octane/Editor.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:150)
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:190)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Thanks
Lukebryan93

Re: Unity Build - Octane Errors

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 am

ChrisHekman Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 am
The most likely cause is that you need to exclude the editor.dll from standalone. (Octane/Runtime.dll should not be excluded from standalone)
Exclude.png

Let me know if this dosnt help.

Ill check if it possible to have it excluded by default in future versions.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Lukebryan93 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Lukebryan93 Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:23 pm
Hi Chris,

Thankyou so much that seemed to do the trick!

However when i have launched the build i have noticed and error with some of my textures. Mainly on the seats..

Im not sure if this is an Octane issue (I doubt it is) However it may be interesting just to see what you think

Thanks
Lukebryan93

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:45 am

ChrisHekman Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:45 am
Do you have the same issue if you build the lightmap with unity?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Octane for Unity