IKEA interior

Forums: IKEA interior
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

IKEA interior

Postby lemonade » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:43 pm

lemonade Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:43 pm
I am quite new to Octane, so I've made some simple images to get to know it better.
Any suggestions to improve future renders will be welcomed ;)
Attachments
B_001_denoised_b.jpg
B_002_denoised_b.jpg
lemonade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: IKEA interior

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:56 pm

bepeg4d Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:56 pm
Very nice, well done!
Only thing that bother me in the night shot, is the total absence of light in the lamp, and also candles flames have no glow at all.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby lemonade » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 am

lemonade Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 am
Thanks for your reply ;)
Only thing that bother me in the night shot, is the total absence of light in the lamp, and also candles flames have no glow at all.

I agree. I couldn't manage to make an emission shader to light the interior of the lamp without making it way too strong on a table.
lemonade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:09 pm

bepeg4d Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi,
you need to use two emitters.
One with the desired power, but with opacity or visibility set to 0, and Visible in Specular turned off.
The second one visible, but with the option Visible in Diffuse turned off.
In this way, the invisible emitter correctly lights up the schene, while the visible emitter lights up the reflections and glow, and you can fine tune the power for both independently.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery