ipr materials not showing

Forums: ipr materials not showing
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

ipr materials not showing

Postby dandoozled » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:24 am

dandoozled Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:24 am
I may just be new to the render setup process, but I have a stack of money geometry with materials that I created inside material context, but when I IPR render the model is fully purple without any materials... How can I fix this?
Could someone explain me the basic process so I don't keep running into these minor yet detrimental errors, thank you so much!
I also have a scene with multiple copytopoints RBD geometry, with a material sop at the geometry level, it has 2 two different materials applied to the groups within the geometry, how would I go about rendering this type of scenario?
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ipr materials not showing

Postby juanjgon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:50 pm

juanjgon Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:50 pm
Hi,

If you get purple materials, that means that the object doesn't have a material assigned, or it is not valid. The materials are assigned at OBJ level using the Material parameter, or at the SOP level using the Material SOP (that configures the shop_materialpath primitive attribute). The workflow is the same found in Mantra, so you can check the Houdini docs to learn how the materials work in Houdini.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby dandoozled » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 am

dandoozled Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 am
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

If you get purple materials, that means that the object doesn't have a material assigned, or it is not valid. The materials are assigned at OBJ level using the Material parameter, or at the SOP level using the Material SOP (that configures the shop_materialpath primitive attribute). The workflow is the same found in Mantra, so you can check the Houdini docs to learn how the materials work in Houdini.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

could you possibly assist me in setting this scene up with octane materials? I used mantra all the time for rendering/ materials, but for some reason when I import a texture as an rgb image and plug it into the diffuse channel... the object just turns white, or whatever the diffuse color is but it doesn't take affect from the image whatsoever, I can set these materials up just fine inside Octane standalone but not in the plugin..
Attachments
cash stack.rar
(38.69 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 am

juanjgon Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 am
I'll take a look at it ASAP. Perhaps the problem is that the outside surface doesn't have a right UV map or something like that ... I hope to know more soon.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:31 pm

juanjgon Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:31 pm
Hi,

Well, as you can see there are no problems with the materials in this scene once configured. The only problem is that of course the exterior package doesn't allow to see the internal money object if it is opaque, so in this scene I've made it near transparent. Attached you have the scene.

Hope it helps,
-Juanjo
Attachments
StackODollars_juanjo.zip
(38.21 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
2019_03_25-13_29_09.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby dandoozled » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:57 am

dandoozled Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:57 am
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

Well, as you can see there are no problems with the materials in this scene once configured. The only problem is that of course the exterior package doesn't allow to see the internal money object if it is opaque, so in this scene I've made it near transparent. Attached you have the scene.

Hope it helps,
-Juanjo

oh wow thank you! I was setting the materials up completely improperly compared to your version of the scene haha, thanks again this definitely helped me understand materials within Octane better!
-Danil
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Houdini