WIP Titanic

Forums: WIP Titanic
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

WIP Titanic

Postby barkingsheltie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 pm

barkingsheltie Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 pm
C4D 19, Octane 4. Using the awesome, *free* plugin, hot4d for ocean.

Personal project. I have been out of 3D for millions of years. But I love playing.

Model from Cgtrader - though I've been removing parts and remodeling different sections - ultimately will give more control over textures.

This is really fast WIP. Next steps are:

1. Have problems making infinite ocean - you can see a bit of this at horizon - becomes very apparent when camera is at steeper angle. Have large plane just underneath the sub-divided hot4d plane. Not sure its its simply a matter of tweaking shader on infinite plane, to remove boundary.

2. Wake :) Always the wake. Now, if I was a Houdini guru, problem solved. I also don't have Realflow. So my first thoughts are to use combination of X-particles, especially at bow, and maybe use AE to produce animated overall wake for length of ship, and especially trailing the stern. Im sure this won't be simple.

3. Funnel smoke. X-particles (4) all the way. Shouldn't be that difficult.

4. Improve textures on ship overall. Experiment with grain in AE. Tweak ocean? Ocean can always be tweaked, I suspect!

5. This particular file is about 4-5 min/frame. Not bad. Compared to using Physical, which was 1-1/2! Yikes! 1080 ti & 1070. i7 4 core @ 4 ghz. Nothing super special. However, I haven't played with the AI denoting that much. I wonder how much i can speed up and not sacrifice detail?

Anyway, looking forward.

Im curious if anyone can answer - short of getting a MB that can hold 3 cards - plus case, what is involved in network rendering? How well does it work, and if people know, what is the extra cost license wise.
Attachments
titanic_oct_hdri.png
barkingsheltie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Works In Progress