OctaneRender 4 for ArchiCAD [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 4 for ArchiCAD [TEST and STABLE]
Graphisoft ArchiCAD (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender 4 for ArchiCAD [TEST and STABLE]

Postby rappet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am

rappet Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am
Hi Paul,

Super that you could fix these below.. preview size works fine again on 4k monitor now.. also the material picker seems to work fine again.

- Fixed issues associated with 4k monitors. Not supported in AC20 and AC21.
- Potential fix to the material picker issues that have been reported.

greetz,
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rappet » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:16 pm

rappet Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Hi Paul,

I am running plugin version 4.02.0.90 on AC22, Windows10.. and it seems not to remember the last path used
when i.e. importing material, rendertarget it everytime starts at the C:\Users\Jeroen\AppData\Local\OctaneRender for ArchiCAD\Materials

greetz,
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 am

face_off Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 am
I am running plugin version 4.02.0.90 on AC22, Windows10.. and it seems not to remember the last path used
when i.e. importing material, rendertarget it everytime starts at the C:\Users\Jeroen\AppData\Local\OctaneRender for ArchiCAD\Materials
Yes, I noticed this too. I suspect it is happening on AC22 only (but I have not tested this yet). I will fix it in the next release.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:16 am

face_off Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:16 am
Hi Jeroen. I have another look at this, and the plugin has always defaulted to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\OctaneRender for ArchiCAD\Materials when loading materials. The only folders that are remembered are the last CSV and OBJ folders when loading proxies, and the background image folder.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rappet » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:18 pm

rappet Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:18 pm
face_off wrote:
Hi Jeroen. I have another look at this, and the plugin has always defaulted to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\OctaneRender for ArchiCAD\Materials when loading materials. The only folders that are remembered are the last CSV and OBJ folders when loading proxies, and the background image folder.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes indeed

Yes, we have to put all our custom oam files in that folder and no problem for the materials.
For exporting and importing the rendertargets as oar file it is set to folder
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\OctaneRender for ArchiCAD\Views
, so no problem there when building the library in that folder adn not a custom one.

Saving (rendered) Images, exporting OCS/ORBX does also remember the last (custom) path used.

greetz, Jeroen
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:06 am

face_off Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:06 am
I have posted an experimental TEST build of the Octane 2018.1 version of the plugin at the top of this thread.

- Compiled with Octane 2018.1 RC4
- Implements the new Render Passes Cryptomatte functions from Octane 2018.1. Since all geometry in the ArchiCAD scene is loaded into a single Octane Mesh node, some of the Crypto "Object" passes will not work (except for Proxies)
- Does not implement the new Vectron, Volumetric Spotlight or Vertex Attributes from Octane 2018.1. Vectrons can be used by loading an ORBX file containing a Vectron node.
- The "Import from LiveDb/LocalDB - EXPERIMENTAL" Material tab option is back, and hopefully all prior issues reported with this functionality will not be resolved
- Added option in the Configuration screen to set the LocalDb folder

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Jasonr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Jasonr Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 pm
Thanks Paul for the update of 2018

I had asked this before.
What are the advantages of 2018 compard to V4 in relation to Archicad?
Are we going to get better results, faster etc.

Are there any new functions that we can implement in our rendering workflow.
As I said in a previous post, I do not even understand the new terms of the new possibilities. It looks liks Sci-Fi.

In order to upgrade and buy this new version something has to be improved for us the architects.
I am sure there is but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks
ASUS Z10 PE-D8 WS/2 x XEON E5-2680 V4/64GB RAM/1xQuadro M5000/2x NVIDIA GTX TITAN Pascal/ Windows 10/ Archicad 20
Jasonr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:40 pm

face_off Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:40 pm
Jasonr wrote:Thanks Paul for the update of 2018

I had asked this before.
What are the advantages of 2018 compard to V4 in relation to Archicad?
Are we going to get better results, faster etc.

Are there any new functions that we can implement in our rendering workflow.
As I said in a previous post, I do not even understand the new terms of the new possibilities. It looks liks Sci-Fi.

In order to upgrade and buy this new version something has to be improved for us the architects.
I am sure there is but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks
If you are happy on the current version you have, stay on it. The only issue you might have in the future is that an Nvidia driver or new graphics card no longer works with Octane 4, in which case you would need to upgrade.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Jasonr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Jasonr Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 pm
Hello Paul.

I feel my question was misunderstood cause you answer has a bit of aggresivenes.
I never said that I am not going to update.
I also said that the new version is obviously improved comparing to V4.

I am just curious whether any kind of new functionalities can be implemented in our architectural work.
If you say that 2018 is faster or more stable, or need less ram, or anything then this is an improvement which will also help our work.

In a certain point the Archicad addon will include those new functions so some info or examples will be needed in any case.

That's all.
ASUS Z10 PE-D8 WS/2 x XEON E5-2680 V4/64GB RAM/1xQuadro M5000/2x NVIDIA GTX TITAN Pascal/ Windows 10/ Archicad 20
Jasonr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Daniel_Ward » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:00 pm

Daniel_Ward Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:00 pm
Hi Jason,

We've got 2 Octane/ArchiCAD Combo Licences and we upgraded them to the new "All Access" Licences. For us, we've got 3-4 users in our Architect's Studio who use Octane in ArchiCAD and I have 3 GPU's in my PC that I share with the other users when I'm not rendering myself. Moving to the "All Access" licences/subscription means we get the new Octane versions, but more importantly we picked up a 'free' Slave Daemon licence, as well as 2 more Studio and All Access Plug in licences.
So effectively we can now use 4 instances of Octane on ArchiCAD, for the cost of upgrading our 2 existing licences to "All Access". Previously due to my needing to use one of the licences to host the Slave Daemon on my PC, we almost only had 1.5 licences.
We have 2 PC's with RTX cards in them now, so those in combination with the 'free' Studio licences we got really don't need to use the Slave Daemon, and when Octane 2019 starts using the RTX cores, they'll only get faster.
Again, as you will see in this new build, being able to set a network path for the LocalDB lets me set up materials all of the office can access easily, and the interface with a material preview will be much easier to use for my less technically minded users in the office...
So, you mileage will vary depending on your usage, but for us, the upgrade was very worthwhile.

Cheers, Dan.
Last edited by Daniel_Ward on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+MAP Architects, Christchurch - New Zealand
ArchiCAD 4.12 - ArchiCAD 24 || Octane for ArchiCAD
i7-7700K - Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 9 - 32Gb RAM - 3x Gigibyte GTX1070 G1 Gaming - Window 10 64Bit
Daniel_Ward
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Graphisoft ArchiCAD