Fork Blender

Forums: Fork Blender
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Fork Blender

Postby J.C » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:18 pm

J.C Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:18 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:
J.C wrote:If you are license owner I think you can ask Otoy for Blender's code.

Blender 2.8 is still beta. The plans for integrating it are after it is officially released.

Octane integration into Blender 2.8 will start before the official release, so we can have it ready and tested as Blender 2.8 will be officially released.

Cool! :)
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DanielPaul » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 am

DanielPaul Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 am
linograndiotoy wrote:

Blender 2.8 is still beta. The plans for integrating it are after it is officially released.

Octane integration into Blender 2.8 will start before the official release, so we can have it ready and tested as Blender 2.8 will be officially released.

Nice! Will we then get access to the current code on git? Or is there another/more up to date place for the code already?
DanielPaul
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:11 pm

FrankPooleFloating Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:11 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:

Lino, at this point, I honestly feel like I could chew my way through a brick wall to get to my Octane Blender 2.8... Please, if it is humanly possible to get Octane Blender 2.8 in our hands earlier than the official release, this would rock, regardless of bugs.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:59 pm

linograndiotoy Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:59 pm
I think that's going to happen. We just need some more patience. ;)
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby grimm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:06 pm

grimm Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:06 pm
This would be awesome, it's basically the only thing that is stopping me from moving over to 2.8. :D
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:38 pm

FrankPooleFloating Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:38 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:I think that's going to happen. We just need some more patience. ;)

So Lino, it has been a while and Blender 2.8 is pretty dang stable these days... In regards to our first 2.8 release, what do you think we are looking at?.. Days? Weeks? And is it going to be at the top of the Releases page when it is released?
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm

FrankPooleFloating Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:I think that's going to happen. We just need some more patience. ;)

Bump...

Sorry to be a spazz Lino (Azen, whoever..), but really, having a guesstimate on when the first Octane Blender 2.8 is coming would make a huge difference for this dilemma I find myself in... A client just dumped a 20-animation gig on me, which are all small simple industrial animations that I would feel very confident being able to bang out - with no problems - in even a first beta version of Octane Blender 2.8. Since this would be the perfect gig to make the transition from LW to Blender, I am very anxious to get it asafp. But I will need to make a decision pretty soon if I am going to do this entire gig in Blender 2.8 or LW. They will need total consistency and share assets and whatnot, so I can't do half in each. If you have any measure of confidence that 2.8 may very well be coming in the next few weeks, I could start getting things set up and building animations etc. But if you know for certain that 2.8 is definitely more than three weeks out, I would have no choice but to do this entire gig in LW...

I have played with Octane in 2.79 a wee bit, but 2.79 (yuck) is such a different beast than 2.8, which I have been learning exclusively, and staying the hell away 2.79 as much as possible because I simply can't work in both while learning 2.8.

I tried so hard to exhibit the patience you asked for... Please understand Lino (or anyone else reading this) that the forthcoming Octane Blender 2.8 is truly a special situation, and I will not be pestering you or anyone else about future versions. I am a professional, and try to conduct myself as such, but I just couldn't keep my pie-hole shut in this case, because of this kick-ass opportunity to start working in Octane Blender 2.8 in such a perfect-fit scenario, and the profound difference this could make for me personally.

Please advise. Thanks bro!
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:46 pm

linograndiotoy Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Hi Frank!

Due to the deep (and very welcome) changes in Blender 2.8, getting Octane implemented in the new Blender version is taking more than expected.

I don't think the very first internal Octane for Blender 2.8 build will be available before 3 weeks. Also, I don't think it will be ready for production, since we'll have to fix issues and improve the integration workflow.

We started the implementation task recently and it might take at least one month, so my advice is to use Octane for LightWave or Octane for Blender 2.79 (which is very stable and definitely ready for production!).

Also consider that transitioning from Blender 2.79 to Blender 2.8 is definitely quite fast (I'm using Blender 2.79 mainly, but always keeping an eye on 2.8).

Any question you may have, I'll be here.

Thanks!

FrankPooleFloating wrote:

Bump...

Sorry to be a spazz Lino (Azen, whoever..), but really, having a guesstimate on when the first Octane Blender 2.8 is coming would make a huge difference for this dilemma I find myself in... A client just dumped a 20-animation gig on me, which are all small simple industrial animations that I would feel very confident being able to bang out - with no problems - in even a first beta version of Octane Blender 2.8. Since this would be the perfect gig to make the transition from LW to Blender, I am very anxious to get it asafp. But I will need to make a decision pretty soon if I am going to do this entire gig in Blender 2.8 or LW. They will need total consistency and share assets and whatnot, so I can't do half in each. If you have any measure of confidence that 2.8 may very well be coming in the next few weeks, I could start getting things set up and building animations etc. But if you know for certain that 2.8 is definitely more than three weeks out, I would have no choice but to do this entire gig in LW...

I have played with Octane in 2.79 a wee bit, but 2.79 (yuck) is such a different beast than 2.8, which I have been learning exclusively, and staying the hell away 2.79 as much as possible because I simply can't work in both while learning 2.8.

I tried so hard to exhibit the patience you asked for... Please understand Lino (or anyone else reading this) that the forthcoming Octane Blender 2.8 is truly a special situation, and I will not be pestering you or anyone else about future versions. I am a professional, and try to conduct myself as such, but I just couldn't keep my pie-hole shut in this case, because of this kick-ass opportunity to start working in Octane Blender 2.8 in such a perfect-fit scenario, and the profound difference this could make for me personally.

Please advise. Thanks bro!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:08 pm

FrankPooleFloating Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:08 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:Hi Frank!

I don't think the very first internal Octane for Blender 2.8 build will be available before 3 weeks.

Thanks for letting me know Lino.
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:08 am

linograndiotoy Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:08 am
You're welcome. I'll keep you posted.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Blender