octane stand alone command line

Forums: octane stand alone command line
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

octane stand alone command line

Postby eightvfx » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:52 am

eightvfx Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:52 am
hello,

please > what is the argument i need to add in this kind of command line to render a specific range of frame ?

"C:\Program Files\OTOY\OctaneRender 2.24.2\octane.exe" -e -q -s 128 -t "Render target" --output-exr "\\EIGHT-JOB6\job\PROJECTS\Yann_tests\test_octane\RENDER_from_cmdLINE\toto.exr" "\\EIGHT-JOB6\job\PROJECTS\Yann_tests\test_octane\unpacked_from_standalone\151208_octane_test.ocs"

thank you.
eightvfx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: octane stand alone command line

Postby roeland » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:24 am

roeland Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:24 am
There are no arguments to choose which frame to render. There are no arguments to set up a lot of other recent features like render layers and passes either.

The way to set these up is via a simple script which is run before starting the render.

This script for example just changes the current frame (by updating the time). You can pass the current frame as a parameter on the command line. (accessible via the `arg` table):

Code: Select all
local frame = tonumber(arg[1])
octane.project.getSceneGraph():updateTime(frame / 24)

Note that it assumes 24 frames per second. You can change that number if your frame rate is different.

You then tell Octane to run this script (--script) and add the argument for the script (-a) So to render frame #1:

octane.exe ... --script setframe.lua -a 1

For more complicated things you can just run a script and do all the rendering from within this script. Octane comes with a built-in batch render script.

--
Roeland
roeland
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby eightvfx » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:21 pm

eightvfx Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:21 pm
Thank you very much for the quick reply !

REALLY APPRECIATE !

will try this idea.
eightvfx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jolbertoquini » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:06 pm

Jolbertoquini Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:06 pm
roeland wrote:There are no arguments to choose which frame to render. There are no arguments to set up a lot of other recent features like render layers and passes either.

The way to set these up is via a simple script which is run before starting the render.

This script for example just changes the current frame (by updating the time). You can pass the current frame as a parameter on the command line. (accessible via the `arg` table):

local frame = tonumber(arg[1])
octane.project.getSceneGraph():updateTime(frame / 24)

Note that it assumes 24 frames per second. You can change that number if your frame rate is different.

You then tell Octane to run this script (--script) and add the argument for the script (-a) So to render frame #1:

octane.exe ... --script setframe.lua -a 1

For more complicated things you can just run a script and do all the rendering from within this script. Octane comes with a built-in batch render script.

--
Roeland

Hi Roeland,

I have the same issue here we have problems with deadline and we though right let's do a quick script with a least of orbx to be render out as sequence like Maya/Nuke?arnold and etc
I just find out I need write a Lua script for each scene in particular to leave running overnight because Commandline doesn't have a command for Frame range I mean is a nightmare and is cool the batch remdering script but how I use in multiple scenes without be all on the same orbx also they have different frame ranges.

I'm not a crazy script writer or LUA script expert, we just need a simple command like other first subframe and subframe for the end.
I would appreciate that. maybe is already there but I have no idea how to use??

well right now we have to run on batch render mode and being check overnight when is finish to open one other scene and do it again, I know is quite dumb but without knowledge of Lua is not easier.

Hope we get a simple way with Octane we use Deadline but with a Terrible support for Octane jobs.

Cheers,
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 pm

calus Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 pm
Jolbertoquini wrote:I have the same issue here we have problems with deadline and we though right let's do a quick script with a least of orbx to be render out as sequence like Maya/Nuke?arnold and etc
I just find out I need write a Lua script for each scene in particular to leave running overnight because Commandline doesn't have a command for Frame range I mean is a nightmare and is cool the batch remdering script but how I use in multiple scenes without be all on the same orbx also they have different frame ranges.

I'm not a crazy script writer or LUA script expert, we just need a simple command like other first subframe and subframe for the end.
I would appreciate that. maybe is already there but I have no idea how to use??

well right now we have to run on batch render mode and being check overnight when is finish to open one other scene and do it again, I know is quite dumb but without knowledge of Lua is not easier.

Hope we get a simple way with Octane we use Deadline but with a Terrible support for Octane jobs.

Advanced Batch rendering script for command line, here : viewtopic.php?f=73&t=70855
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)