Camera Morph problems

Forums: Camera Morph problems
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Camera Morph problems

Postby zabadoy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:52 am

zabadoy Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:52 am
Hello all !

I'm trying my first animation with camera morph, but I'm running some issues.
I've got a scene with 2 moving octane cams, and a camera morph setup. The morph itself woks fine switching cameras, but when I select the morph camera and render it, the camera imager is like turned off (having a non linear and burned image) and I loose depth of field too.
How can I use camera morph with different octane cam having different settings, and keep the camera imager, post processing and depth of field ?

Thank you in advance for your answer
zabadoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Camera Morph problems

Postby frankmci » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm

frankmci Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Camera Morph is a C4D level tool, and it doesn't know anything about Octane Camera tags. Notice that the Camera Morph tool actually creates a completely new camera, and that camera takes its info channels from the basic C4D camera data. Camera Morph just doesn't have the hooks to pull info from Octane tags.

You can use Camera Morph for position data with Octane cameras, but for all the Octane Camera tag specific data, you'll have to add the Octane Camera tag to the Morph Camera and either animate it, or set up an Xpresso to drive its attributes from the source cameras using the Morph Camera's Blend value.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zabadoy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 am

zabadoy Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 am
@frankmci Thank you for your reply !
That's what I assumed, I hoped there was some simpler way of doing it, will make it via Xpresso then.
zabadoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby frankmci » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:44 pm

frankmci Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:44 pm
One of our animators and I were just talking about this issue this morning. We decided that it makes sense to build an Octane Camera Morph with say, ten cameras, hook up the Xpresso nodes, and save it out as a full camera rig for easy re-use. It should be easy enough to trim out any extra cameras as needed in future scenes.

Alternatively, you can save just the Xpresso network as and Xgroup, then drag-n-drop the appropriate elements onto the node place-holders.

Camera Morph is one of those things I often forget about until I've already wasted too much time fiddling with a bird's nest of f-curves trying to get the move to behave. "This move should only take four or five key frames...." and an hour later there's still a funny little camera wiggle half way through the shot. I should have just Camera Morphed it from the beginning!
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby donantonio99 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:28 pm

donantonio99 Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:28 pm
Could anyone share this Xpresso set-up for people who dont know xpresso like me)
Thanks!

Or may be some help - I got an DOF problems with rendering in picture viewer, looks like it is loosing the focus. In LV its just fine.
donantonio99
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D