Suddenly unlicensed and unable to activate (solved)

Forums: Suddenly unlicensed and unable to activate (solved)
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Suddenly unlicensed and unable to activate (solved)

Postby SimonJM » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 pm

SimonJM Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 pm
I have to admit I am only an occasional user of the Daz Studio Octane plug-in, however ...
Started Daz Studio up a bit earlier and got presented with a message saying my current version was no longer supported and I needed to upgrade (I was using 4.00.XB3. I thus happily downloaded the latest stable version of the plugin and the standalone. Installed the plugin and it now tells me that the licence needs upgrading via the website:
ocDS-reg.jpg

Octane-lic.jpg

Apart from anything else - just where and what form does this upgrade take? Checking my licences shows I have the 2 licenses, which are active on the computer I am trying to use them on. A vain effort was spent unlocking them to see if that helped. Needless to say it didn't. However the standalone licence went back to being active on the computer after I installed the standalone and tried to activate it. So the license is 'active' on the web and yet not on the computer.
Is there something that has changed or is this just a bizarre glitch that will be ironed out or correct itself?
Last edited by SimonJM on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SimonJM
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Suddenly unlicensed and unable to activate

Postby glimpse » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 pm

glimpse Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 pm
in the same window where You took second screenshot You should find a big red button "Upgrade" - use that to update Your licences from V3 to V4 for free ;) after that things will work again ;)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SimonJM » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 pm

SimonJM Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 pm
What you see is what I got. No other red buttons than the ones in the screen shot. It used to work, so I am not sure if I have already done that, some time in the past (around last October when I downloaded V4 of the standalone and plugin for the first time.
And thank you for the swift response.
SimonJM
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby keviny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 pm

keviny Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 pm
SimonJM wrote:What you see is what I got. No other red buttons than the ones in the screen shot. It used to work, so I am not sure if I have already done that, some time in the past (around last October when I downloaded V4 of the standalone and plugin for the first time.
And thank you for the swift response.

Can you try upgrading your license again?

-Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
-Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
-Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
-Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
keviny
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby SimonJM » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 am

SimonJM Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 am
Thank you, I just found the link when I had a look at the announcement of the latest 4.02 release. Very similar page layout to the one I screenshotted above! Issue now resolved I am glad to say.
SimonJM
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion