OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Forums: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm

FrankPooleFloating Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Are you sure you want people seeing your Octane ID numbers and whatnot? You really should redact any personal info with black or blur.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby keviny » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 am

keviny Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 am
cjadams wrote:and crickets....

My account looks like this: i purchased the 199/yr AA upgrade extension..
I had v3/v4 that got the free update.

Sooo.. did i screw up .. or do i not really have an enterprise AA license now? I am getting an error with every c4d plugin i try.. no matter the "description"
Is the AA "enterprise" one just not out yet?
Here is what see,,, forums support no one seems to respond!

Octane for C4D is still being worked on to be included in all-access, still aiming for Q1.
keviny
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cjadams » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 am

cjadams Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 am
Thank you for the quick response.
cjadams
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dizern » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:57 am

Dizern Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:57 am
Hello.
I took some time to read it through, and want to make sure I understand everything right, as the subject is very confusing.

Please let me know if I'm right/wrong in any following:
1) The only way to use 2+gpu is to have an enterprise license($699).
2) The only way to have updates to "1)" is AA($199/y). (Including all AA features)
3) By having Enterprise+AA on my "PC1"(8gpu), I can use another "PC2"(7gpu) as render slave without an additional license.
4) I can use studio subscription(rented) on my "PC3"(2gpu) with restriction to online use only. Also, it does not include additional render node.
5) The license on "PC3" cannot open the same project files as licenses on "PC1" and "PC2", and the opposite.
6) I can exchange/rent to own my enterprise license for 3years of updates without AA features. //How can I do so in case I want to?
7) If I cancel AA, I go back to v4 2018. //Would love to see some kind of substance upgrade plan implemented.

Thanks for your time.
--
In motion we trust.
I7-4790k|2xGTX1080|32RAM|Win8.1Pro
I7-7700k|7xGTX1080|32RAM|Win10Pro
I7-7700k|8xGTX1070|32RAM|Win10Pro
Dizern
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ClemMzrs » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:08 pm

ClemMzrs Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:08 pm
Hello everyone,
I downloaded and installed the free version for Octane on C4D but could not open the plugin. It is in its place but I can not do anything with it.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you
ClemMzrs

Postby keviny » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:24 pm

keviny Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:24 pm
Dizern wrote:Hello.
I took some time to read it through, and want to make sure I understand everything right, as the subject is very confusing.

Please let me know if I'm right/wrong in any following:
1) The only way to use 2+gpu is to have an enterprise license($699).
2) The only way to have updates to "1)" is AA($199/y). (Including all AA features)
3) By having Enterprise+AA on my "PC1"(8gpu), I can use another "PC2"(7gpu) as render slave without an additional license.
4) I can use studio subscription(rented) on my "PC3"(2gpu) with restriction to online use only. Also, it does not include additional render node.
5) The license on "PC3" cannot open the same project files as licenses on "PC1" and "PC2", and the opposite.
6) I can exchange/rent to own my enterprise license for 3years of updates without AA features. //How can I do so in case I want to?
7) If I cancel AA, I go back to v4 2018. //Would love to see some kind of substance upgrade plan implemented.

Thanks for your time.

1) For v4, our monthly subscription, OctaneStudio allows 20 GPUs.
2) Correct, AA allows you to test/use the next iterations of Octane including the test/stable builds for the duration of the AA plan.
3) Correct.
4) Correct, it's restricted to online use only. Enterprise is also online use unless you purchase a dongle. Dongles are 1 dongle per standalone license. (Plugins can be added too). It does not include an additional render node at this time.
5) Should be able to open up the files regardless if they are subscriptions or enterprise.
6) Hm, can you rephrase this one for me?
7) Yes, once AA is cancelled, you'd be reverted back to your full license which would be v4. Otoy is always open to feedback so the scope may change over time.
keviny
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby pixelmonk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 pm

pixelmonk Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 pm
keviny wrote:Octane for C4D is still being worked on to be included in all-access, still aiming for Q1.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll hold off buying then until C4D is included and any word about Maya 2019 is announced. I posted the question in the demo section and never got a response, but 64 views.
pixelmonk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dizern » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:29 am

Dizern Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:29 am
keviny wrote:1) For v4, our monthly subscription, OctaneStudio allows 20 GPUs.
5) Should be able to open up the files regardless if they are subscriptions or enterprise.
6) Hm, can you rephrase this one for me?

1) Is that is to be changed? Or what are the pros of having enterprise over OctaneStudio?

5) But is it allowed by license agreement? I'm not sure I understand the sentence: «Subscription licenses may not be used with non-subscription licenses (i.e. purchased licenses)». Is that comes to using those on the same machine, or to use in projects?..
I'm trying to understand can I use Enterprise+Studio on the same projects, since I may have both.

6) I was referring to Goldorak's answer to the post:
Refracty wrote:Hello Jules, Marcus and Team,

first of all congratulations for the release of V4. It is great to see how many useful updates you made this year and also how you listened to users and improved features and plugins like the Maya-plugin.
There is only one concern I have after reading the purchase plans, I have the feeling that recent investments of plugins are not credited for the near future.
It is great to have a free upgrade for V4 but the first stable 2018 release is planned to be released in a few weeks and so I have the feeling that all investments for previous licenses don't pay off soon.
Please find a way that recent plug in and standalone investments will be credited for 2018+ too, since this version is already around the corner.
Compared to Redshift and Autodesk payment schemes, I found the non-subscription / perpetual license solutions always a fair option for the users and I am a bit tired of all the subscription models being offered within the 3D industry nowadays. There are some tools where monthly subscription makes sense - If you don't use them on a regular basis for example but a render plugin is a constant helper that you might need almost daily.
I don't want to overshadow the wonderful release of V4 too much since 2018/2019 is not out yet (as stable build), but please find a way of giving Octane 2018+ users a benefit if they have invested heavily in Standalone and / or Plugin-Licenses before and still want to be up-to-date with Octane.
Thank you
Nando

Goldorak wrote:I hear you. I don’t want to eliminate anything that is this important to so many of you. We can figure this out. One option we are exploring is having the 3 year AA plan be rent to own, at least for standalone and purchased DCC licenses. Would that solve most of these concerns?
--
In motion we trust.
I7-4790k|2xGTX1080|32RAM|Win8.1Pro
I7-7700k|7xGTX1080|32RAM|Win10Pro
I7-7700k|8xGTX1070|32RAM|Win10Pro
Dizern
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby amineghorab » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 pm

amineghorab Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 pm
Hello,
Is there any update on the use of Pixelplow with Octane 4?
Thanks
amineghorab
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby lovejunjie1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:26 am

lovejunjie1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:26 am
I wanna the free DCC plugins....I wanna it....keep fighting dude. you're the best.
lovejunjie1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements