Exporting Octane .orbx or Alembic

Forums: Exporting Octane .orbx or Alembic
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Exporting Octane .orbx or Alembic

Postby Renart » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm

Renart Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm
A. Windows 10
B. TITAN X
C. 12Go
D. Nvidia driver version latest
E. OctaneRender Standalone version 2018.1 RC3
F. OctaneRender plugin version 2018.1 17.1
G. Blender 2.79

Hi!

I'm trying to export a .orbx scene from Blender to Octane Standalone. The scene contains an animated alembic imported with some vertex color attributes that I'm using in a diffuse material.

But for some reason the file exported contains only the 1st frame for the animated object (the static objects are fine)
Sometimes the export doesn't give me any file at all and sometimes blender simply crash. Just by retrying again and again to export the same file.
Exporting via the Octane Alembic doesn't give me better result.

Any idea how to do? Thanks
Renart
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Exporting Octane .orbx or Alembic

Postby DrawFun » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 am

DrawFun Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 am
Hi Renart,

Thanks for your report.
On one hand, we fixed some resharpable mesh issues in 17.2, which is near soon. Could you please check it in 17.2 once it is out?
On the other hand, it seems like there are some animated meshes in your scene. Could you please check the mesh type of them? Please set the mesh type as "Movable"(Only location animation) or "Resharpable"(vertex animation) according to your usages.

Cheers,
DrawFun
DrawFun
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Exporting Octane .orbx or Alembic

Postby Renart » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Renart Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:11 pm
Thank You DrawFun,

I will test this in the next version.
Setting the geometry to reshapable doesn't give me better result. The file simply doesn't exist after the export is done.
If I apply the modifier that is loading the.abc. cache and export the scene it crashes.
The file has vertex color data, I don't know if it's related but it's important for me to keep them.

I hope there is a solution!
Renart
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports