Villa Camlica - Architectural short film.

Forums: Villa Camlica - Architectural short film.
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Villa Camlica - Architectural short film.

Postby wisemanxxx » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 am

wisemanxxx Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 am
https://vimeo.com/307675966

This is one of our recent projects in Bursa / Turkey.

Some techical information about project;
Used 14 x 1080 TI
Rendering time ; aprox 1-1.5 minutes per frame (mostly scene update time because of hundreds of animated foliage and tree)

Octane version is 3.08 (not 4, no denoiser)
Path tracing kernel used.

Scene was a very heavy scene with animated foliage and forest pro objects. Everything is 3d no post work for objects and backgrounds.

I hope you like it.
wisemanxxx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Villa Camlica - Architectural short film.

Postby Notiusweb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Notiusweb Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 pm
Truly beautiful. You know, the vegetation animation makes it excellent...
You could have put a floating sphere in the middle of each room and I would have seen it as photo real because of those plants! :P
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Villa Camlica - Architectural short film.

Postby bagel » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

bagel Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am
This is fantastic! I really wanted to go there. There are two things that give it away as CGI for me. The fluid sim in flowing water doesn't match the perceived scale of the scene and the camera is a little too perfect. (Need something like DoF or a touch of CA). I do a lot of fluid sims and even after almost a decade of doing CFD for science applications, trying to get a fluid sim to render and look like real life is impossible for me. What I do know is that it's all about scale. Much like a glass of water being shaken acts very differently than the ocean, any flowing water is a huge challenge. But the pool oscillations are flawless. Just damn. What a great render, really! Also, I wish I had a pile of GPUs to render with!
bagel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery