OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Forums: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender 4 / All Access -Update FAQ

Postby sHTiF » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:44 pm

sHTiF Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:44 pm
Just making sure, so RTX upgrades will not be part of non-enterprise subscriptions ever? This seems like the non-enterprise subscriptions are quite useless in near future where all the other renderers optimize for RTX across their product line, some renderers with over 200% speedup now with new versions in some cases. Still I prefer Octane way more the approach is just puzzling. I am kind of let down or surprised for better word with Octane 4 where RTX 2070 has basically the same bench result as RTX 2080 with quite different number of cuda cores. Why is that? It makes a decision about which GPUs to actually buy quite confusing at the moment.
sHTiF
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BorisGoreta » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:58 pm

BorisGoreta Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:58 pm
If I buy 3 subscriptions to update my 3 existing V4 licences what discount do I get for the 2nd and 3rd license ?

What is the value of All Access when almost everybody is using Octane with only 1 plugin ?
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linvanchene » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:12 pm

linvanchene Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Thank you for putting all this information together in one place.
Must have been a long day / night.

For me this was the information which answered my questions from yesterday:
Full RTX optimizations and NV Link support are experimental today, and planned for Enterprise annual subscriptions which $20 /Month ( $15/ Month through Black Friday) but require that you have first made a one time purchase of OctaneRender Standalone+DCC Enterprise (either Combo or All-access bundle) from the purchase page. The All Access Bundle comes with 1-3 years included.

and

You can still use Octane 4 the same way you do now without an annual pass, and any permanent licences you have purchased will work and are yours forever. Any USB Dongles activated for annual pass can be reverted to V4.

After the term of your annual all-access pass, you won’t have access to the extra plugins, render slaves and version updates that came with your annual pass.

However you can re-activate an annual pass later at any time.

I was worried that the all-access $20 /Month pass would be a one time limited offer for existing permanent license owners. It was not clear to me if after the offer expired users would have to "rent" an OctaneRender® Studio Enterprise Subscription for $539 /Yr. (BF discounted price) every year.

For 2018.1 and later, we may need to rethink the 2 GPU limit as a differentiation from the paid tiers . it is meaningless when two GPUs give you 800-1000 OB and 22 GB to 50 GB of combined VRAM:

What kind of new users should be able to use the free tier? (students, hobbyists?)
What kind of new users should be able to use the Studio license? (free lancers, small studios?)
What kind of new users would need the advanced features of an Enterprise license? ( Large studios on a Hollywood production level?)

Is it intended that students or freelancers who spent a large sum of their available allowance on two RTX 2080 Ti need to purchase an Enterprise tier license first to be able to use Tensor cores or NV Link?

In a few years Tensor Cores and NV Link may be just a normal component of a GPU as Cuda is now.

- - -
Please delete this feedback if it disrupts the intended purpose of this thread.
Last edited by linvanchene on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | Rendering: 2 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TURBO | Asus RTX NVLink Bridge 4-Slot | Intel Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99-E WS| 64 GB RAM
FAQ: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - FAQ link collection
linvanchene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Supernaut_13 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Supernaut_13 Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:13 pm
Thanks Goldorak. Will any plugins be "All Access" - only, or will they all be offered separately as well (i.e. the way licenses for plugins are offered now)? I bought All Access today, but was curious.
Ryzen 7 2700X | Asus Prime B450-CSM | 32 GB DDR4 | GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid |
EVGA G2 1000W | Windows 10 Home
Supernaut_13
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Nephanor » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:58 pm

Nephanor Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:58 pm
I have a purchased (I guess Enterprise) license for Octane 3 & a plugin. What are the max # of GPUs I can use with this when it is upgraded to 4? I keep seeing references to 2 GPUs, but am unsure what this is for. Will there be an option to purchase more GPUs allowed as a one time purchase (rather than subscription based)?

Thanks
Nephanor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby noisyboyuk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:33 pm

noisyboyuk Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Hi Jules,

A while back we discussed the whole limited render slave option on Facebook and you mentioned that in future I'll be able to use a subscription license as a render slave (I believe it was compared to a $10 option which is available for the Subscribers).

Forgive me if this is already covered here, I tried reading through a couple times and I'm still not quite clear on this but I'm just wondering if a) will this still be possible so that I can just grab a subscription license and pair it with my perpetual license to make use of my 1 additional GPU in my desktop? And b) Is that already available or is still something planed for the future and if so, do you have any ball-park idea of when this will be available and for how much?

Thanks for the FAQ anyway - it's a big help in clearing a lot of stuff up. I think a comparison chart of each option would really help clear a lot of this stuff up if you don't mind the suggestion? :)

Thanks and congrats on the release!
Last edited by noisyboyuk on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noisyboyuk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby teddyboy16 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:54 pm

teddyboy16 Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Supernaut_13 wrote:Thanks Goldorak. Will any plugins be "All Access" - only, or will they all be offered separately as well (i.e. the way licenses for plugins are offered now)? I bought All Access today, but was curious.

You can purchase v4 plugins individually and have them attached to your standalone seat. I bought all access as well, and I want to try a few more plugins that I may buy separately.
teddyboy16
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby topgunmb » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 pm

topgunmb Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 pm
Anyone else having trouble taking advantage of the Black Friday offer? I'm a new subscriber (I use Octane at work and want to be able to use it at home as well) and when I go to subscribe through PayPal, I'm told that the transaction can't be completed and to chose a different payment method...only no other payment method is offered other than PayPal.
topgunmb

Postby SPACESvr » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 pm

SPACESvr Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 pm
If I upgrade to the All Access today, can I get immediate access to the v4 Blender and Cinema4D plugins? Or will I have to wait until Q1 of 2019?
SPACESvr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby p3taotoy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:52 am

p3taotoy Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:52 am
Not sure why I am so confused.
I just purchased an all access Enterprise DCC/All Access bundle for one year for $699.00

I selected my plugin app of choice...

If I want another plugin for a different app... its more correct? $269.00 per plugin for that year.

So total of $968.00 for two plugins.

Another269.00 for any additional plugins .

Do I have this right?

My confusion lies in hoping I can log in and out of ANY plugin so only one is being used at one time... but use app appropriate ones for sale All Access price

Thanks for clarifying
p3taotoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements