Using orbx materials library

Forums: Using orbx materials library
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Using orbx materials library

Postby rm-architect » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 am

rm-architect Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 am
Hi all, this is my first post.
Been using plugin for Archicad for some time but that application is pretty limited for fine tuning meshes etc.
Decided to get the Blender plugin to amplify what's possible but still stay in the Octane ecosystem.
Not sure if I'm being daft but there doesn't seem to be any way to import either any materials from my orbx texture library or any of the orbx objects from my library either. Can someone help with this?
If not then it really defeats the point of having a Blender plugin. I though the idea of the orbx format was that it was a common platform across systems?

Thanks for any help!

AMD Threadripper 1900x, 32Mb RAM, 1080Ti + 1080 GPU Octane Blender + Archicad
rm-architect
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Using orbx materials library

Postby J.C » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:04 pm

J.C Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:04 pm
It's still not possible to import ORBX file into Blender. I don't know why and when can we expect support for this.
The only workaround would be to use local material database but this is for unknown reason not working too and only online database is available.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Goldorak Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:30 pm
ORBX proxy import should work since 3.07 and later. It sounds like localDB and liveDB access are bugs that we need tracked via help desk.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby rm-architect » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:05 pm

rm-architect Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:05 pm
Hi J.C. - thanks for your comments. Glad to hear I'm not just being stupid! :)

Goldorak - thanks very much for your thoughts as well. I'll contact the Helpdesk about the localDB and liveDB access issues. Would be great to get this working properly.
You mentioned that ORBX proxy import should be possible from 3.07 and later. I'm using your ver4.0 RC7 and I can't find any way to access that. Doesn't seem to be any reference to it in any documentation or any online videos.
A helpful pointer in the right direction would be great!

Thanks again.
rm-architect
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:03 am

BK Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:03 am
rm-architect wrote:Hi J.C. - thanks for your comments. Glad to hear I'm not just being stupid! :)

Goldorak - thanks very much for your thoughts as well. I'll contact the Helpdesk about the localDB and liveDB access issues. Would be great to get this working properly.
You mentioned that ORBX proxy import should be possible from 3.07 and later. I'm using your ver4.0 RC7 and I can't find any way to access that. Doesn't seem to be any reference to it in any documentation or any online videos.
A helpful pointer in the right direction would be great!

Thanks again.

Hi J.C,

Thank you very much for the post.
LocalDB in Octane for Blender is yet to support, however, the LiveDB access should work. The LocalDB feature will be available as soon as V4 is stable.

The ORBX Proxy is a new feature only available in the refactored Octane for Maya plugin and this is also added in todo list as high priority.

We will keep updating the development progress to everyone here!!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

upload material into a .Blend then change it?

Postby protovu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:05 pm

protovu Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:05 pm
Hello,

I am trying to get a material from another 3D app to the SA , and then into Blender.
I have managed to save a material, with a thumbnail to my Local DB.

With no Local DB access within Blender, ( or is there now?) I understand that I can upload a material to the LiveDB for access.

But, am I able to have a folder on the LiveDB so I can easily find it?

What if I want to change/delete/replace a material which I have made?

Thank you,

Rick
protovu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 am

BK Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 am
hi protovu,

Thank you for the post.
Octane for Blender now supports Live and local DB feature from OctaneRender™ for Blender 4.02.1 - 16.3.3 [STABLE] and OctaneRender™ for Blender 2018.1 RC4 - 17.4 [TEST]. Also, feel free to test the Orbx import feature in Octane for Blender 2018.1 RC4 - 17.4 .

Go to Windows menu> Octane LiveDB to access the new Live and Local DB.
The default path to access Local DB "C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\OctaneRender\localDb" or type %APPDATA%/OctaneRender in windows Run dialog.
Our developer will be adding the Custom LocalD path in future releases.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby protovu » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:50 pm

protovu Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:50 pm
Hi BK,
Thank you for the response.
I have installed Blender_Octane_Edition_4.02.1_16.3.3stable, and I have located the C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\OctaneRender\localDb file, however,
The windows menu shows no sign of Octane LiveDB .

Is there supposed to be access within the Blender Octane interface, similar to the LiveDB access?

I am not a Maya user. Is this: Orbx import feature in Octane for Blender 2018.1 RC4 - 17.4 for Maya users only.

If not, where do I access it, please?
Thank you,
Rick
protovu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrawFun » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:41 am

DrawFun Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:41 am
Hello protovu,

The liveDB entry is put in "Window-Octane LiveDB".

About the orbx import feature, it is also available for OctaneBlender now. You can find it in "Properties-Data-Orbx properties-Orbx File Path" in OctaneBlender after 17.4.

Cheers,
DrawFun
Attachments
Untitled.png
DrawFun
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby pegot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:11 am

pegot Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:11 am
DrawFun wrote:About the orbx import feature, it is also available for OctaneBlender now. You can find it in "Properties-Data-Orbx properties-Orbx File Path" in OctaneBlender after 17.4.

How does the ORBX import feature work? I exported an ORBX from Stand Alone. In Blender Octane, I then access the default cube's Data property and set file path to the ORBX I exported from Stand Alone. But nothing happens. The scene does not load. And nothing renders.
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff