Show cloned hair in Octane

Forums: Show cloned hair in Octane
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Show cloned hair in Octane

Postby JEEK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:21 pm

JEEK Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:21 pm
Hey guys,

Doing some experimental R&D. Downloaded this amazing project file from a tutorial where the goal is to create a realistic looking spider web.

My goal is to have the spider web support an object and this all works well, but I've got an issue.

I have a Cloner named "Web clone" in my project file. This cloner is supposed to help me increase the amount of spider webs and details in the easiest way possible.

This works in the viewport, but once I render my spider web in Octane, the web from the "Web clone" does not render.

Could this just be due to a misplaced material? Something about the hair tag?

You can find the project file here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18lVS6X ... sp=sharing

Any tips/advice welcomed.

Thanks a ton, truly appreciate it.
JEEK
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Show cloned hair in Octane

Postby young.r85 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 pm

young.r85 Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 pm
Having the same issue Aoktar, is it possible to render cloned hair in Octane? Hoping to jump start this thread back up. Thanks in advance!

Scene file... https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjdc5pd8frrqv ... r.c4d?dl=0

Cheers,
Ronny
young.r85
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Show cloned hair in Octane

Postby young.r85 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:37 pm

young.r85 Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:37 pm
Got mine to work. It was a setting in the cloned hair portion of the Hair object. I dialed my hairs and cloned hairs in using the Standard Cinema renderer and once it worked there, I moved it back into Octane. It works.
young.r85
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support