Large Scale Camera-Animation Export to Standalone (bug?)

Forums: Large Scale Camera-Animation Export to Standalone (bug?)
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Large Scale Camera-Animation Export to Standalone (bug?)

Postby MountStone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm

MountStone Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi Community,

I just wanted to share a workaround with you in case someone else encounters the following problem:

I'm currently working on a project with large terrains and ended up placing my cameras some two or three kilometers away from the world null. Everything was working really nice until I moved to standalone with my project for final output; the imported cameras were all totally shaky and moving with erratic stuttering (both position and orientation). It looked really horrible.

It took me a while to nail it down; the Animated-Package export can't cope with the large numbers it seems (I don't know, whether this is camera-only behavior, or impacts on all animation). I moved my whole static scene 2.5 km in the opposite direction to get small numbers for camera coordinates and now the animation exports are working again! ;D

I'm currently working with Standalone 3.08.0015 and PlugIn version 3.08.0020 and Cinema 4D R19. However, I tried both 3.08.0015 and .0020 PlugIn versions, but they behave just the same.

Hope this can keep somebody from some headaches!

Cheers,
mountstone
MountStone
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Large Scale Camera-Animation Export to Standalone (bug?)

Postby J.C » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:59 pm

J.C Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:59 pm
mountstone! You saved my life!

OTOY, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D