OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08 [current 3.xx]

Postby coilbook » Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 pm

coilbook Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 pm
anyway octane 3ds max can start processing geometry for the next frame while rendering the current frame to speed thing up for the animation ?
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 pm

abstrax Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 pm
coilbook wrote:anyway octane 3ds max can start processing geometry for the next frame while rendering the current frame to speed thing up for the animation ?

In general, plugins can make changes to the geometry part of the scene node graph while still rendering the previous frame. Unfortunately the scene processing of the plugin is usually only a small part of the full scene update, while the compilation of the acceleration structures (in Octane) is by far the largest chunk and in version 3 that can only be kicked off, when the rendering of a frame has finished. Version 4 tries to accelerate that part as much as possible and thus reduces the overhead between frames a lot.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby funk » Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 am

funk Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 am
I am noticing more artifacts with sheen. In this instance, I'm plugging a gradient with a falloff texture into it.

It might be a little hard to see, but it seems the gradient is not being applied according to the falloff map. You see hard lines between colors,

sheen_artifacts_02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Fri May 04, 2018 2:35 am

coilbook Fri May 04, 2018 2:35 am
abstrax wrote:
coilbook wrote:anyway octane 3ds max can start processing geometry for the next frame while rendering the current frame to speed thing up for the animation ?

In general, plugins can make changes to the geometry part of the scene node graph while still rendering the previous frame. Unfortunately the scene processing of the plugin is usually only a small part of the full scene update, while the compilation of the acceleration structures (in Octane) is by far the largest chunk and in version 3 that can only be kicked off, when the rendering of a frame has finished. Version 4 tries to accelerate that part as much as possible and thus reduces the overhead between frames a lot.

Thanks!
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tim_Twisted » Fri May 04, 2018 7:56 am

Tim_Twisted Fri May 04, 2018 7:56 am
Hi,

I'm cross posting this from the c4d plugin forum where Ahmet redirected this towards the standalone:

After using 3.08 I'm getting different colors from specular materials using the standard octane model (no Ward etc.). See attachment which also includes the scene file made to illustrate the problem. This is quite a big problem since most of my materials I made before are now just a bit off. It would be a crazy amount of work to adjust every single material. I'm guessing it has something to do with the IOR interpretation which I assume has been adjusted in 3.08?

My question is if this is intentional or a bug? And if it isn't a bug, do you know the calculation or a node setup color correction to correct the materials so they are identical between 3.08 and 3.07?

Thanks in advance,

Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim_Twisted
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 am

coilbook Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 am
Hi Otoy
I always noticed your sky looks way too white. Not just near the sun but even 90 degrees from the sun each direction the sky is too white Most render engines dont have this problem. And in real life the sky looks very light near the sun but not at this big angle like you have. Could you look at your sky/sun system or add an option for us to increase/decrease whiteness near the sun to the point I can have just pure blue sky near the sun if I want to Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 am

mojave Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 am
coilbook wrote:Hi Otoy
I always noticed your sky looks way too white. Not just near the sun but even 90 degrees from the sun each direction the sky is too white Most render engines dont have this problem. And in real life the sky looks very light near the sun but not at this big angle like you have. Could you look at your sky/sun system or add an option for us to increase/decrease whiteness near the sun to the point I can have just pure blue sky near the sun if I want to Thanks

You may want to check your camera settings, you would come across something like this if for instance you would be using an orthographic projection or a narrow vertical FOV.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08

Postby abeoctane » Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm

abeoctane Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm
Hi, I cant run octane standalone version 3.08, this is the message that pops up after I tried to run it on windows 7 Pro Sp1 64bit, 3.07 runs normal.
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon May 14, 2018 7:18 pm

mojave Mon May 14, 2018 7:18 pm
Hi abeoctane,

Please take a look at this post where it explains what you need to do to solve that:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=67172
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Juanlife » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Juanlife Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:27 pm
having a problem, all the last versions downloaded today but I have this error "invalid version" on network linux slave, seems like there are no the same version for windows-linux
Last edited by Juanlife on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juanlife
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)