Importing third party scenes to Octane Standalone.

Forums: Importing third party scenes to Octane Standalone.
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Importing third party scenes to Octane Standalone.

Postby MikeEmm » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:55 pm

MikeEmm Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:55 pm
Hello :)

I have some questions regarding Octane Standalone and software plugin versions.

1. I can see that thais is possible to import geometry in some formats to Octane Standalone, create materials, lighting etc. from scratch and render them.

Is it possible to import whole scenes with Octane materials created by other artists and render them? With some materials tweaking or "as they are"?

For example, I want to work with one artist who uses C4D + Octane plugin and a second who uses Maya + Octane. I would like them to export their scenes to format accepted by Octange Standalone, then I open them and continue work, where they finished, but the scene had Octane materials already applied. So I can render what they created with it and then continue. Something like .vrayscene but editable. At least when it comes to lighting/shading/rendering.

2. When I buy just Octane Standalone, and then I decide to buy a plugin for C4D will I need to pay only the difference between standalone and C4D Combo license or those will be counted as two purchases?
MikeEmm

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion