OctaneRender V4 XB3

Forums: OctaneRender V4 XB3
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender V4 XB3

Postby Notiusweb » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:27 pm

Notiusweb Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:27 pm
haze wrote:
Notiusweb wrote:Q - Without denoiser - Is Octane V4 measurably faster than Octane V3?
1 - If YES, why the heck even bother with development on V3?
2 - if NO, what the heck!?
:twisted:

PS - heck

We are working on speed in two ways:
1. increasing the number of samples that arrive for tonemapping in the same delta time
2. increasing the quality of those samples in the same time

Our focus currently is #2, meaning that in general in V4, you don't need as many samples for the same level of noise/error (actually that means that the MS/sec measurement as speed becomes less important)

With XB4 there will be some more improvements, and you should be able to see a good improvement across most of your scenes.

That sounds very cool. I know that Tonemapping is high-cost item for the GPU, in early V3 testing it was a cause of crashes for cards running on a 1x PCIE connection, whereas an 8 or 16x connection could handle the cost better.
(Abstrax gave us the tonemapper checkbox to selectively exclude and include GPUs those GPUs which were connected 1x vs 8 or 16x, which resolved crashes)
Not sure if this is applicable, but will be interested to see if it whams the selected-for-tonemapping card harder due to what sounds like a higher compressed #samples charged per delta-time unit...but if it runs faster, really we won't care! :D

So coming is the V4 of V4!
Congratulations to the team for the job thus far.
And also good work to the users for always pushing the product forward. A lot of other forums fuss, but no muss.
This has more muss than fuss, and by muss I mean 'muscle', as in power.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm

coilbook Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm
please check 3ds max octane 4 and itoo forest denoising freezes
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender V4 XB3 - Octane Blender Plugin

Postby enricocerica » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm

enricocerica Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm
Tried the last Octane Blender Plugin version, it crashes after starting rendering of a single cube. Tried several times with the same issue, once with windows dump.

Windows 10, NVidia drivers : 398.11

Failed devices:
GeForce GTX 1070(device 0), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 0: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"
GeForce GTX 1070(device 1), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 1: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"
GeForce GTX 1070(device 2), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 2: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"
GeForce GTX 780(device 3), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 3: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"

Last Octane engine log entries:
CUDA error 719 on device 1: unspecified launch failure
-> failed to create link
device 1: failed to create OSL compile context:

CUDA error 719 on device 3: unspecified launch failure
device 1: failed to compile module 0
-> failed to create link
CUDA error 719 on device 2: unspecified launch failure
device 3: failed to create OSL compile context:

-> failed to create link
device 3: failed to compile module 0
device 2: failed to create OSL compile context:

device 2: failed to compile module 0
CUDA error 719 on device 0: unspecified launch failure
-> failed to create link
device 0: failed to create OSL compile context:

device 0: failed to compile module 0
Modeling system : I7 32GB Windows 10 & Fujitsu Celsius H720
GPU : 1x Gigabyte GTX580 3GB + 1x MSI GTX780 3GB + 1x PALIT GTX780 6GB +1x Asus Stix GTX1070 8GB
http://www.myline.be
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Greg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Greg Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm
I'm going echo the requests for edge rounding. Edge rounding is **absolutely critical** for both CAD rendering and baking down game assets. Two areas (especially products rendering) that are probably very important to OTOY. The current implementation is not something that works well or is (to be honest) very often usable for professional product rendering. I do a TON of this stuff - Octane is so very good in this area with the huge...glaring...exception of rounded edges. Take a look at V-Ray..or MODO...and bump this up the priority list if possible.

best,

Greg
CEO Sabertooth Productions
Co-Founder Pixel Fondue
Greg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bartosh44 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:36 pm

bartosh44 Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:36 pm
I would like to ask about same as Greg above. I`ve read somwere on this forum some kind of statement that new edge shader will be implementen on 3.09. I`m also wait for that feature much. I hope it will be same quality as Modo rounded shader is. With possibility unifying seperate mesh shells (a`la booleans).
I use Octane present edge round shader but is good only for third plan objects. I also think that is critical feature becouse it saves geometry (subd or heavy geometry on corners are not needed).

Please tell me Otoys plans about that feature.
bartosh44
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dtxtreme » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 pm

dtxtreme Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 pm
Greg wrote:I'm going echo the requests for edge rounding. Edge rounding is **absolutely critical** for both CAD rendering and baking down game assets. Two areas (especially products rendering) that are probably very important to OTOY. The current implementation is not something that works well or is (to be honest) very often usable for professional product rendering. I do a TON of this stuff - Octane is so very good in this area with the huge...glaring...exception of rounded edges. Take a look at V-Ray..or MODO...and bump this up the priority list if possible.

best,

Greg

+1 to Gregs suggestion.

/Fredrik
dtxtreme
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hesekiel2517 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Hesekiel2517 Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 pm
Greg wrote:I'm going echo the requests for edge rounding. Edge rounding is **absolutely critical** for both CAD rendering and baking down game assets. Two areas (especially products rendering) that are probably very important to OTOY. The current implementation is not something that works well or is (to be honest) very often usable for professional product rendering. I do a TON of this stuff - Octane is so very good in this area with the huge...glaring...exception of rounded edges. Take a look at V-Ray..or MODO...and bump this up the priority list if possible.

best,

Greg

+1 a really important feature and unusable at the moment
Hesekiel2517
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrawFun » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 pm

DrawFun Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 pm
enricocerica wrote:Tried the last Octane Blender Plugin version, it crashes after starting rendering of a single cube. Tried several times with the same issue, once with windows dump.

Failed devices:
GeForce GTX 1070(device 0), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 0: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"
GeForce GTX 1070(device 1), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 1: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"
GeForce GTX 1070(device 2), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 2: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"
GeForce GTX 780(device 3), error message: "CUDA error 719 on device 3: unspecified launch failure -> failed to create link"

-> failed to create link

-> failed to create link

-> failed to create link

-> failed to create link

Hi enricocerica,

Could you please give me a bit more details about how to reproduce it, or perhaps a demo scene?

Thanks.
DrawFun
DrawFun
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby enricocerica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:17 am

enricocerica Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:17 am
DrawFun wrote:
enricocerica wrote:Tried the last Octane Blender Plugin version, it crashes after starting rendering of a single cube. Tried several times with the same issue, once with windows dump.

Failed devices:

-> failed to create link

-> failed to create link

-> failed to create link

-> failed to create link

Hi enricocerica,

Could you please give me a bit more details about how to reproduce it, or perhaps a demo scene?

Thanks.
DrawFun

Well, it seems that the problem comes from one of my cards on the expander, once removed I don't have the problem anymore, so the issue may be on hardware ...
Thanks
Modeling system : I7 32GB Windows 10 & Fujitsu Celsius H720
GPU : 1x Gigabyte GTX580 3GB + 1x MSI GTX780 3GB + 1x PALIT GTX780 6GB +1x Asus Stix GTX1070 8GB
http://www.myline.be
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mykola1985 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 am

mykola1985 Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 am
Hi
1 question to devs. Can we expect a better hair denoising in the next release?
i7 3770K, 12GB RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 780 - 6GB OC Edition + ASUS GTX 780 Ti - 3GB, win 7 ultimate 64bit
mykola1985
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases