OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby wallace » Mon May 28, 2018 8:56 pm

wallace Mon May 28, 2018 8:56 pm
funk wrote:I've been testing out some SSS materials using a specular material. GGX and beckman BRDFs create some really bright pixels in the medium that are very difficult to clean up. The "octane" BRDF doesnt do this.

Is it possible to fix this? I've attached a test file, although it seems to be worse in my actual scene.

If you load the orbx and change the "model" material to "octane" brdf, you see those bright dots dont appear.

Hi,

I have noticed this issue a couple of days ago and I have already went and fixed this issue. Having just doubled checked with your scene and your material, I can confirm this is now fixed.

The fix will be in the coming 3.08.2.

Thanks,
Wallace
wallace
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby funk » Mon May 28, 2018 8:57 pm

funk Mon May 28, 2018 8:57 pm
Awesome. Thanks wallace :)
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aufwind » Thu May 31, 2018 8:36 am

aufwind Thu May 31, 2018 8:36 am
Dear Nvidia, Dear Otoy,

after updating to Nvidia Drivers 397.93 my Titan X (Pascal) wouldn't render anymore (GPU failed).
The Titan Kepler Cards were still working. This happened both with Octane 3.07 and 3.08.

Reverting back to Drivers which I mistakingly thought was 390.77 (rather was 391.xx)
firstly was working without rebooting the system. After shutting down the Computer,
I was unable to start the Computer again (PSU failure). After changing PSU, WIN 7
wouldn't start anymore. I was unable to recover the System and had to reinstall Windows.
After updating Nvidia Drivers to 390.77 again, Windows wouldn't boot anymore.

I went back to Drivers 388.71. Now the System is working fine again.

I also reported this directly to NVIDIA.

The PSU failure might be coincidentally, but this is ...
Win7 | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | I7 3770K | 2x Titan (Kepler) | 1x Titan X (Pascal)
aufwind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nuno1980 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:19 pm

nuno1980 Thu May 31, 2018 7:19 pm
aufwind wrote:Dear Nvidia, Dear Otoy,

after updating to Nvidia Drivers 397.93 my Titan X (Pascal) wouldn't render anymore (GPU failed).
The Titan Kepler Cards were still working. This happened both with Octane 3.07 and 3.08.

Reverting back to Drivers which I mistakingly thought was 390.77 (rather was 391.xx)
firstly was working without rebooting the system. After shutting down the Computer,
I was unable to start the Computer again (PSU failure). After changing PSU, WIN 7
wouldn't start anymore. I was unable to recover the System and had to reinstall Windows.
After updating Nvidia Drivers to 390.77 again, Windows wouldn't boot anymore.

I went back to Drivers 388.71. Now the System is working fine again.

I also reported this directly to NVIDIA.

The PSU failure might be coincidentally, but this is ...
Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller):
1. Uninstall GeForce driver with reboot REQUIRED
2. Use DDU on SAFE MODE
3. Reinstall GF driver or Install new GF driver. ;)
NOTE: I'm sorry for bad english due to mute ;)

i7-12700KF
2x16GB RAM@DDR4-3600
MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
Zotac GF RTX 4090 NEW! <3 :mrgreen:
SSDs OCZ RD400 0.5TB and Crucial 2TB SATA3
HDD 1TB SATA2
LG BD-RE BH16NS40
PSU 1kW
CRT 21" Sony E530 :D
nuno1980
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 am

funk Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 am
Im just testing out something with instances and noticed Instance range "invert", doesnt seem to do anything when checked.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PolderAnimation » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 am

PolderAnimation Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 am
I posted this in the wrong thread an was asked to redirect to this topic, so this is a partial repost. Sorry for that.

We are experiencing license authentication errors when 2 octane instances start more or less at the same time.
We use a proprietary render dispatcher that is build in python to run standalone, but in the end it just starts octane on the specified slave PC's with the following command parameters "--stop-after-script" and "--script" pointing to an on the fly generated lua script ( table with shot and renderJob info and a call to our lua pipeline batchRender script ) to start the rendering process inside octane.
We only run 2 slave units on a render PC when the loading times are substantially higher than the per frame render times. And even then the chance that 2 octane jobs start simultaneously is small, but is has happened more than once that one instance stopped due to this error massage and since our batch job doesn't finish until octane exists, we had 1 of the 2 slaves idle for a whole weekend, which is not desirable when chased by deadlines ;)
This problem is not specific to our render dispatcher, as the problem arises as well when you start two octane instances at the same time ( by clicking the app icon quickly after each other ;) )
This even happens when octane has run just before and thus the PC has been authenticated only minutes before.
I attached a screengrab of our renderDispatcher ( just for fun ) and one of the error message.
Is this something that is circumvent-able, by means of automated retry timer or is it on the bug-fix-list?

Cheers

Jean-Paul Tossings

polderRenderDispatcher.jpg

errorMessage.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby manalokos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:23 pm

manalokos Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:23 pm
Didn't any of you have problems with the Undo command, reverting to some several undos before?
manalokos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 pm

mojave Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 pm
PolderAnimation wrote:I posted this in the wrong thread an was asked to redirect to this topic, so this is a partial repost. Sorry for that.

We are experiencing license authentication errors when 2 octane instances start more or less at the same time.
We use a proprietary render dispatcher that is build in python to run standalone, but in the end it just starts octane on the specified slave PC's with the following command parameters "--stop-after-script" and "--script" pointing to an on the fly generated lua script ( table with shot and renderJob info and a call to our lua pipeline batchRender script ) to start the rendering process inside octane.
We only run 2 slave units on a render PC when the loading times are substantially higher than the per frame render times. And even then the chance that 2 octane jobs start simultaneously is small, but is has happened more than once that one instance stopped due to this error massage and since our batch job doesn't finish until octane exists, we had 1 of the 2 slaves idle for a whole weekend, which is not desirable when chased by deadlines ;)
This problem is not specific to our render dispatcher, as the problem arises as well when you start two octane instances at the same time ( by clicking the app icon quickly after each other ;) )
This even happens when octane has run just before and thus the PC has been authenticated only minutes before.
I attached a screengrab of our renderDispatcher ( just for fun ) and one of the error message.
Is this something that is circumvent-able, by means of automated retry timer or is it on the bug-fix-list?

Cheers

Jean-Paul Tossings

polderRenderDispatcher.jpg

errorMessage.PNG

Hi Jean-Paul,

What you see is not an error but a dialog we display when you start Octane and another instance is currently authenticating, which can happen just once at a time.

One possible solution would be to have your Lua script communicate to your Python script, maybe via a file or internal sockets that it's started running or else kill the process and try again after a timeout that sounds reasonable.

Please PM me if you need more help.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby zoppo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:54 am

zoppo Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:54 am
Is the Offline Mode back again? I can't use 3.08 w/o my render clients.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:53 pm:

Goldorak wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience - while this is otherwise a feature complete release, we should have also noted that the offline system for 3.08+ is still at least a week or more out as we compete testing on a new backend for this. If anyone requires offline mode sooner, I’m recommending staying on 3.07 for just a little longer. Please contact help desk if there is a hard and immediate requirement for offline mode with 3.08.
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fabian19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 am

fabian19 Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 am
the daemon won´t launch on my MacPro5.1

Code: Select all
Started logging on 07.06.18 10:00:01

OctaneRender 3.08.1 (3080100)

Launching net render slave (3080100) with master 0.0.0.0:0
detected that slave is hanging after initialization -> stopping slave
failed to send stop message to slave

Stopped logging on 07.06.18 10:00:19

Stopped logging on 07.06.18 10:00:19

logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Prozess beendet]

I updated all the Nvidia drivers and CUDA

3.08 runs fine.

any hint for me ?

Regards,

Fabian
fabian19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)