Rendering animation with Film Region in Stereoscopic?

Forums: Rendering animation with Film Region in Stereoscopic?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Rendering animation with Film Region in Stereoscopic?

Postby eggysayoga » Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 am

eggysayoga Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 am
I have a stereographic 360 scene with small animation, I want to render this in 4096 x 4096px, but it would take a long time to render the whole scene as animation. So I,m planning to render the static part as high quality still image, and then render film region the animating part in medium-low settings (the red squares). Then combine them in post.

Is there any way to render this in one take? Because film region window is not stereo.
Thanks.
eggysayoga

Re: Rendering animation with Film Region in Stereoscopic?

Postby Xhed » Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 am

Xhed Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 am
You'd have to set up you Octane setting differently for both shots, and this can't be done in one take unfortunately. You could set up multiple render targets (one for your high-quality image, and another for the low-quality part), and render those back-to-back.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby eggysayoga » Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am

eggysayoga Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am
Xhed wrote:You'd have to set up you Octane setting differently for both shots, and this can't be done in one take unfortunately. You could set up multiple render targets (one for your high-quality image, and another for the low-quality part), and render those back-to-back.

Hi Xhed, thanks.
Yes, I know I have to render the low-and high quality setting separately.
My problem is with the film region, it only appear as one box, not in both eyes.
I can render it twice, one for each eye, but I wonder if we can get 2 film regions for both eyes in one render.
eggysayoga

Postby Xhed » Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Xhed Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 pm
That would either have to be done via projection in Unity, or an addition to Octane itself.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Octane for Unity