using scaled cameras inside octane render

Forums: using scaled cameras inside octane render
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

using scaled cameras inside octane render

Postby gsfcreator » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:13 pm

gsfcreator Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:13 pm
Hi there,

from time to time, I used to scale down cameras within poser in order to get very specific pov that I had in mind. now, moving to the octane engine, I've noticed that when I allow scaled cameras in, the engine import them as if its in a completely different location than they are originally, which makes rendering scenes from those cameras (as I wanted it) close to impossible. anything i can do to fix this? I think there is a constant XYZ factor that the camera "teleport" itself to...
Core I7-8700K, 32RAM, GTX1080Ti, win10
gsfcreator
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: using scaled cameras inside octane render

Postby face_off » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:41 am

face_off Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:41 am
Octane needs the Poser camera to be scaled to 100 to give you an exact match in the Octane viewport to the Poser render panel, so if you need a tighter view, set the camera scale to 100% and then move the Poser camera.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby gsfcreator » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:22 am

gsfcreator Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:22 am
so if there is no way to guess (or change attributes) so that the viewport will match what you need in the poser window, with a scaled camera...why did you guys included the "include scaled cameras" in the first place?

some shots are just close to impossible using a 100% scaled camera (I can give tons of examples), so your only choices are either scaling down the camera, or scaling up the entire scene (which can be quite tedious...).

I think that if I knew how much exactly the engine "fakes" it would help a lot. lets say I placed the camera on 10XYZ, and I knew where octane places it, I could tweak the numbers in poser AFTER placing my camera where i need it, and than get the desired shot within viewport.
Core I7-8700K, 32RAM, GTX1080Ti, win10
gsfcreator
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:03 am

face_off Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:03 am
If you scale the camera there is no way for the plugin to match the Octane Camera to the Poser Camera, so the current plugin behavior makes the best of this constraint.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser