TUTORIAL: Using the command line options

Forums: TUTORIAL: Using the command line options
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: TUTORIAL: Using the command line options

Postby seltzdesign » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm

seltzdesign Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm
Can we please get an option to load a scatter text file from command line. I find it hard to believe you would have missed such an obvious addition when you added scattering. Is there any issue with it or reason why you didn't include it?

Using the command line options is so much easier than editing the octane .ocs file to load a different scatter file, without doing it manually in the standalone. I am rendering frames where the scatter data is animated and i have one file for each frame. For obvious reasons the manual way is therefore not an option.

Thank you!
Armin.
If you are not failing every now and again, it's a sign you are not doing anything very innovative.

- Woody Allen

Dual Xeon | 32GB Ram | 4 x GTX 580
seltzdesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrellNancy » Sat May 11, 2013 1:25 pm

FrellNancy Sat May 11, 2013 1:25 pm
octane.exe doesn't work for me..Is there any alternative method for it? May be it is encrypted.How can I resolve it?
FrellNancy

Postby abreukers » Sun May 12, 2013 10:41 pm

abreukers Sun May 12, 2013 10:41 pm
FrellNancy wrote:octane.exe doesn't work for me..Is there any alternative method for it? May be it is encrypted.How can I resolve it?

Hi FrellNancy, you may be doing this with a full commercial version? you'll need a valid octanelive key to use octane even at command line. you can obtain one from here: http://render.otoy.com/shop/standalone.php
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Phantom107 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:19 am

Phantom107 Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:19 am
This feature is awesome, we're using it now in our automated rendering system to launch Octane. Don't ever remove this feature :oops:
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Resources and Sharing