CAMERA motion blur + focus issues

Forums: CAMERA motion blur + focus issues
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Postby gold » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:23 am

gold Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:23 am

Hey all, I found the box to check for motion blur -- but it wont allow me to check it. Why?
Using poser 2014 / octane v3

Any easy way to get depth of field? I find the poser camera focus guide rediculously
hard to set , then it flies off the settings for animation.

thanks
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: CAMERA motion blur + focus issues

Postby wimvdb » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:50 pm

wimvdb Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:50 pm
Motion blur only works when you export it as animation to Octane, in the standalone the motion blur will be applied when you render.

Depth of field is automatic, you regulate the strength and distance with the aperture dials in Camera Tools. Focal point is either automatic or you can set it with the AF button in the octane render viewport.
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gold » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:37 am

gold Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:37 am
Motion blur only works when you export it as animation to Octane, in the standalone the motion blur will be applied when you render.

Depth of field is automatic, you regulate the strength and distance with the aperture dials in Camera Tools. Focal point is either automatic or you can set it with the AF button in the octane render viewport.

Thanks wimvdb,

I never use standalone, so I guess that's out.

Do you mean the camera tools in Poser? I find the Poser controls hopelessly difficult to adjust - so unfortunately, I doubt I'll enjoy that either.
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:37 pm

face_off Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:37 pm
Hey all, I found the box to check for motion blur -- but it wont allow me to check it. Why?
You should be able to tick it. Can you post a screenshot of the Animation panel pls, and tell me exactly which plugin release you are using.

Any easy way to get depth of field? I find the poser camera focus guide rediculously
hard to set , then it flies off the settings for animation.
Mouseover the eye button on the Settings tab to see how to do this. Remember to set the Aperture in the Thin Lens Camera to something small to see the DOF effect.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser