Issue with animated gamma on octane noise node in c4d plugin

Forums: Issue with animated gamma on octane noise node in c4d plugin
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Issue with animated gamma on octane noise node in c4d plugin

Postby giaxde » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:03 am

giaxde Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:03 am
Hello everyone and hello Aoktar,
first of all thanks to all of you posting on this forum and thanks Ahmet for making octane available to c4d users & lovers like me. I learned so much from all of the users and: Aoktar, thank you, we really appreaciate your work although we don't always tell you. YOU REALLY ROCK!

My problem is:
I'm trying to render a scene with animation on an octane noise node (I keyframed two different gamma values to control the amount on a connected mix node) but it doesn't seem to work. If I render single frames in the picture viewer it works, but when I render the full animation in the c4d picture viewer noise doesn't seem to have any evolution. I tried to google a solution before leaving a message here but no success at all (could be my fault).
Am I doing something wrong? is there a solution or is this a plugin limit? I could probabily find a solution tomorrow morning when I'll be more sober (yeah, it's friday night and I'm quite drunk, I left my computer rendering before going out having some drinks), but I'd love to easily animate octane noises to shift proceduraly to one texture or color to another. I hope I don't have to switch to a C4D noise node because I already set everything up on the octane noise node and I'm laaaaaaazy. If so, I'll keep you updated, but I don't know how soon it will happen (the friday night story).

I hope this will be helpful, if not to me, for someone else in the future looking for the same solution.

Link to the scene file: please wait...

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

Gianni
Last edited by giaxde on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
giaxde
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Issue with animated gamma on octane noise node in c4d plugin

Postby giaxde » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am

giaxde Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am
I'm trying to use a c4D noise node insead of an octane noise node but it seems to tile badly so the result is completely different... I also attempted to insert a color correction node after the octane noise node to control gamma but it's kind of a wierd solution and it's hard to control.
giaxde
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby giaxde » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 am

giaxde Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 am
wait wait wait... i was about to send you a version without any copywrighted material, so i tried on a simple sphere and it seems to work properly... what the hell
giaxde
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby giaxde » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:34 am

giaxde Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:34 am
here's the link: it's working on the sphere but not on the mesh... https://we.tl/I6cfHBBrkX
giaxde
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby giaxde » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm

giaxde Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm
I think I found the problem/solution. When I animate the noise node and it is connected to multiple materials, it will be animated only on one material.
The solution I found: I copied and pasted the animated noise nodes for every single material and keyframed the parameters again (when i copy/pasted the nodes I lost the keyframes on the new copies).
I thought I could use the same keyframed nodes to control the same noise on multiple materials, but it doesn't seem to be possible...
Anyway, sorry for the messed-up topic! I also think there was a wrong connection on my scene file... sorry!
Have fun!
giaxde
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Resources and Sharing