Mac version Octane for Unity

Forums: Mac version Octane for Unity
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Mac version Octane for Unity

Postby larssteenhoff » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 pm

larssteenhoff Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 pm
In the interest of the upcoming Mac version I have made a new topic as I could not find an older one.

I have a Mac that has a Cuda compatible GPU ( Nvidia 1080ti in external gpu thunderbolt 3 enclose for sonnet )
Using he latest Unity with the latest Mac OS ( 10.13.2)

I know that has been stated that the Mac version will start to be worked on after the pc version is ready.
Fist let me ask what means ready?

Second if its lack of cuda on most Macs, then this is not the problem in the first version because it's also the cade for Otoy benchmark on the Mac, that also only work with nvida.
Of course it great to have AMD support at some point too.

Lastly please state on the unity asset store versions of octane that it not working yet on the Mac.
Right now its not clear and as you can expect I was trying to get it work only to find out that it's not yet supported.

Goldorak wrote:
ChrisHekman wrote:
Xantiah wrote:Hi. Any chance for Mac OS version?

Not in the foreseeable future.

To be more specific, MacOS will have to wait until we are fully finished with this PC version, which is itself a very new type of integration for Octane.

Octane does run on Linux, MacOS (even on AMD iMac using bootcamp in a test 3.07 release). Once we get the PC version now in testing fully working and released, we can focus on other platforms.
larssteenhoff

Re: Mac version Octane for Unity

Postby larssteenhoff » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 am

larssteenhoff Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 am
This is the error that I'm getting :

larssteenhoff

Postby Xhed » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am

Xhed Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am
We currently don't support Mac yet. I will pass your remark about a compatibility message on to the people managing our text on the Asset Store.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby frankmci » Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm

frankmci Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm
Xhed wrote:We currently don't support Mac yet. I will pass your remark about a compatibility message on to the people managing our text on the Asset Store.

Yes, I just wasted some time on this, as well. At the very least, the installer script should tell you the system is incompatible before bothering to download reams of files.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Octane for Unity