Problem installing demo version for Mac (mac OS Sierra)

Forums: Problem installing demo version for Mac (mac OS Sierra)
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Problem installing demo version for Mac (mac OS Sierra)

Postby charaguru » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:10 pm

charaguru Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:10 pm
Hi,

So I tried to install the demo version to my mac (Macbook Pro 15 inch - 2016) and after installing, I can open Octane but there wasn't any plugins available in Cinema 4D. I tried to View Package Content on Octane and pasted it to the plugin folder in Cinema 4D and it didn't work either. I've read somewhere that you need to copy some file to paste it in the Cinema 4D plugin folder but I don't have any files that was named octanec4d. Could you please help? Thank you!
charaguru

Re: Problem installing demo version for Mac (mac OS Sierra)

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:08 am

bepeg4d Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:08 am
Hi charaguru,
firstly you need an Nvidia GPU to be able to use OctaneRender on your Mac, so probably you need a eGPU solution like this:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43439&start=170#p276341
Install the latest CUDA Mac drivers from the following link:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html
Then you neeed to update your copy of Maxon c4d to the latest build (R16.050, R17.053, R18.057, R19.024), or the plugin will not be correctly displayed in the c4d plugin menu.
Finallly decompress the c4doctane folder in ../Maxon/C4D RXX/plugin directory, and remove from the c4doctane folder all the unnecessary c4doctane-RXX.cdl64/dylib files, leaving only the one related with the RXX version installed.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion