OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.07

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.07
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.07

Postby abstrax » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 pm

abstrax Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 pm
Hi all,

This is the first stable release of 3.07. It's been a while in the making, but the good news is that we are planning to release the first public 3.08 test build in a few days (which has been in development for much longer).

For an overview of all the main changes of 3.07, please check out the new features post. The FBX support isn't fully mature yet and it will take a while until it is, but the rest of the changes should be pretty good by now. We are planning minor 3.07 releases after more bugs have been found and fixed while we are finishing and stabilizing 3.08.

Changes since version 3.07 TEST 7:

• Reduced visible artifacts when an environment medium is used together with a coherent ratio setting > 0.
  • Fixed crash in Standalone when an output render target linker gets selected.
  • Fixed object handles for placement/scatter nodes which weren't displayed if their parent transformation was placed behind the camera.
  • Fixed crash when an animated scene was loaded and Octane gets closed.
  • Fixed loading of specific 32-bit TIFF images (see viewtopic.php?p=324413#p324413).
  • Lua: Added octane.image.applyGaussianFilter() and octane.image.applyBoxFilter() to blur Lua images. (In case you were wondering: We use it internally for regression testing.)

Downloads for users with a regular license

regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG archive)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Downloads for users with a subscription license

subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG archive)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Demo version downloads

demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG archive)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Photoshop workflow plugin download

You can download and install the current Photoshop workflow plugin (1.0.5) either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.

Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)

Happy rendering,
Your OTOY NZ Team
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.07 [current 3.xx]

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:55 pm

FrankPooleFloating Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:55 pm
Yes!! Thanks M! Now get your butt back in the kitchen and cook us up some 3.08 DBRs! ;)
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:45 pm

funk Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:45 pm
Thanks guys!

I posted an issue in the last thread. Dirt textures do not show up correctly in the material passes (you get some random noise instead). This doesnt seem to be fixed. I have included some screenshots and an orbx

dirt_beauty_passes_good.png

dirt_material_passes_bad.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 pm

abstrax Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 pm
funk wrote:Thanks guys!

I posted an issue in the last thread. Dirt textures do not show up correctly in the material passes (you get some random noise instead). This doesnt seem to be fixed. I have included some screenshots and an orbx

dirt_beauty_passes_good.png

dirt_material_passes_bad.png

Yes, that's a limitation of all version 3 versions. We will fix it in the coming weeks.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby funk » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 pm

funk Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 pm
abstrax wrote:Yes, that's a limitation of all version 3 versions. We will fix it in the coming weeks.

Thanks abstrax. I thought it might be a bug, since the beauty passes > diffuse filter works. I'm not really 100% sure what the difference is with material passes > diffuse filter (they have the same name)
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:04 am

abstrax Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:04 am
funk wrote:
abstrax wrote:Yes, that's a limitation of all version 3 versions. We will fix it in the coming weeks.

Thanks abstrax. I thought it might be a bug, since the beauty passes > diffuse filter works. I'm not really 100% sure what the difference is with material passes > diffuse filter (they have the same name)

All info passes are rendered using the info channel kernel, while the beauty, light and layer passes are rendered as part of the main rendering. The problem is that for the dirt texture we have to shoot some additional rays, which isn't done in the info channel kernel resulting in garbage. Since version 3 split ray tracing from shading, getting dirt working in all situations is kind of tricky since it needs to be done before the shading step. To make dirt work in the info channel kernel, we have to modify the way how info channels are rendered. It's doable, just hasn't been done yet. Thanks for reminding us ;)
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Phantom107 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 am

Phantom107 Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 am
This is great I will test it out in a bit. Thank you for fixing the UI lag in 3.07 test 6, my scenes are getting increasingly procedurally generated so there is a crazy amount of nodes in there and growing steadily. I'll let you guys know how it works out! :D
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby manalokos » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:24 pm

manalokos Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:24 pm
There is an issue when picking a Material group it shows in the node inspector the insides of the material group instead of the group itself.
manalokos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:18 pm

coilbook Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:18 pm
manalokos wrote:There is an issue when picking a Material group it shows in the node inspector the insides of the material group instead of the group itself.

please add a slot for dirt texture to have noise at the edge of a dirt texture and not just gradient transition
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:33 am

abstrax Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:33 am
manalokos wrote:There is an issue when picking a Material group it shows in the node inspector the insides of the material group instead of the group itself.

Thanks for the report. It will be fixed with the next release.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Next

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)