Light power settings..

Forums: Light power settings..
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Light power settings..

Postby Seaking406 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Seaking406 Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm
Just a simple general question about lighting..

Using Poser, Octane and RedSpecc skin shaders, I generally keep things the same to obtain the same results for my line of work but once in a while I have to change things up and that involves having to brighten the scene due to structures and other things in the scene etc..

In Octane Settings/ Environment/ there are two power settings that can be used to change the intensity of the lighting.. One directly under Environment/Texture and the other under Environment itself..

Question: Is there a difference as to which is used to brighten the scene? should they be matched, is one preferable over the other for what given results?

I usually fine tune the render brightness with the Exposure setting at the end but just to set things up, which setting is best to be changed, if there is one better than the other?

As always, thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers
Attachments
lightintensity.jpg
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Light power settings..

Postby face_off » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 pm

face_off Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 pm
I think you can adjust the power via either of those "Power" pins, and it will have the same effect.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Light power settings..

Postby Seaking406 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 pm

Seaking406 Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 pm
face_off wrote:I think you can adjust the power via either of those "Power" pins, and it will have the same effect.

Paul

Many thanks, I tried it many various ways and couldn't tell if it made any diff one way or another.. but now I know ;)

Cheers
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser