SASHA-16 (V4 with Weight Mapping) & Subdivision Issue

Forums: SASHA-16 (V4 with Weight Mapping) & Subdivision Issue
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

SASHA-16 (V4 with Weight Mapping) & Subdivision Issue

Postby Nephanor » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Nephanor Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm
This is a strange one. I made a character from Sasha-16 (available for free here if you have V4: http://www.sharecg.com/v/88918/gallery/ ... -for-POSER ) and when I went to render her with subdivision level set to 1, her eyes and teeth vanish. This doesn't happen on V4 default, but I can't see why this would happen. Unfortunately the maker of Sasha doesn't have access to Octane, and this seems like an issue on the Octane end, so I am curious if there is something that can be fixed on the model side. If anyone can help, I will pass along the info.
Nephanor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: SASHA-16 (V4 with Weight Mapping) & Subdivision Issue

Postby Seaking406 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 am

Seaking406 Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 am
Hi, just to test this out for you, I loaded the basic SASHA and one I created with another skin etc..

I am not entirely sure by what you meant by 'rendering with subdivision level set to 1' so I tried it from the OctaneRender Setup window, Materials and selected the model, and at the bottom there is Subd Level settings.. which is the only setting I could find?

Anyway, with both models, nothing really changed.. eyes and teeth still show as normal..

If I used the wrong settings, can you point out to me where it is so that I may try it again?

Thanks
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Nephanor » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Nephanor Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:33 pm
It's a new feature of Poser. Select V4, Go to Figure menu, Skinning Method, Poser Unimesh, now in Properties for V4's body is an option for subdivision
Nephanor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Nephanor » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:17 am

Nephanor Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:17 am
Aha! Found the cause, and it's kinda strange. It seems that the jaws, the eyes and the tongue are all set as "subdivide separately" and forced to 0 subd level. When you have this with a subd level 1 mesh, it causes the parts that are 0 to not render. This is DEFINITELY something that needs looking into on the software side.
Nephanor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser